Removing apps on Mac is easy, just like Windows, where each program has its uninstaller. Uninstalling Apps on Mac is so simple, you need to drop the folder to the trash. But there are few software which is hard to remove. All of them have different reasons to remove apps from their PC. Some want to clean their PC, or the app is not useful. So, it depends on the user why they want to Uninstall Apps on Mac. If you are one of them who wish to Uninstall Apps on Mac, but you are not aware of that then you have come at the right place.
- Download and install the best free apps for Uninstallers on Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android from CNET Download.com, your trusted source for the top software picks.
- On your Mac, click the Finder icon in the Dock, then click Applications in the Finder sidebar. Do one of the following: If an app is in a folder, open the app’s folder to check for an Uninstaller. If you see Uninstall App or App Uninstaller, double-click it, then follow the onscreen instructions.
USP: All-Rounder Mac Cleaner; Uninstaller, One-Click Cleaning, Duplicate Finder. 1 hour ago Trust me; this one is the simplest and quickest way to uninstall Zoom and other unnecessary Mac apps. For this, we recommend using a unique application called CleanMyMac X. This app will not only help uninstall apps but will also optimize Mac & help recover wasted storage space. To use CleanMyMac X and uninstall Zoom, follow the steps below: 1.
Here in this article, we will show you a few different ways by which you can uninstall apps on your Mac. As Apple Mac is different from Windows, so everyone is not aware of how to delete apps on Mac. Go through the full article and check out a few different ways and Uninstall apps on your Mac.
- 1 How To Uninstall Apps On Mac?
How To Uninstall Apps On Mac?
Check out different ways to uninstall apps on Mac. Given below are some different methods which will help you to delete apps on Mac.
Also Check: 15 Best Password Manager for Mac – Most Secured
Method 1: Uninstall Apps using Launchpad
If you don’t know let me tell you that you can delete any app on Mac by using Launchpad. Launchpad shows all the apps which are there on your iOS. Follow the given steps and uninstall the app using launchpad.
- First of all open Launchpad by clicking on F4
- Click on the app which you want to remove
- Now, press the ALT key and click on Delete
- Confirm to delete the app
Using Launchpad to delete the apps is the easiest way to remove an app which was installed through the App Store.
NOTE: This method works only on the apps which are installed through the Mac App Store. It won’t work for those apps which are installed through third-party developers.
Method 2: Uninstall Apps Using Finder
This one is the easiest method to uninstall any app from Mac. You just need to select and delete the app from Finder. Follow the steps and remove any app from your Mac.
- First, open Finder which is placed at the Dock
- Now, in Finder click on Applications
- Search for the app which you want to delete
- Right-click and select “MOVE TO TRASH” option OR drag the app icon to Trash
- On the Trash can do right-click and tap on empty trash.
Once you uninstall the app, remember that it will be deleted permanently from your Mac. So, if you have mistakenly deleted any app and you want it back then go to the Trash can before emptying the Trash. Go to the trash can and choose the app which you want back and click on Put Back.
There are few apps which include a separate uninstaller to remove all traces of the app. These apps are from Adobe or Microsoft, as some of the apps will install more apps or place library files.
Method 3: Go To Applications
This method is also very easy.
- Open the Mac and go to Go Menu
- Tap on Applications
- You will see all the apps, some of them are in a folder, and some are not
- The apps which are in the folder, open the folder
- There you will see an uninstaller option
- double click on it and follow the given instructions
If you have downloaded an app from somewhere else and not from the Mac App Store, then follow the given steps and uninstall the app. Let us take an example of Audacity. Audacity is downloaded from another website. So You need to go to the developer’s website of Audacity
- Go to the official website of Panic
- Scroll down and go to the Support section
- Click on the get help section
- Search for uninstaller
- There you will see step by step instructions to uninstall an app
- Follow the steps and uninstall the app.
NOTE: Make sure you download any app from the official website only. Do Not download an app from the download site or any other site. And when you delete the app at that time also use genuine methods only, you don’t need any other app to delete the app from Mac.
Method 5: Delete the program completely
Even after deleting the app, few files are left on the computer. So, you need to uninstall the program completely.
- First, go to GO Menu from the top side of the screen
- There click on Library
- Go to app support
- There are different folders for all apps
- In the list check if there is a folder of the app which you are uninstalling
- Delete that folder
Important tips For Uninstalling Programs on Mac
Check out a few tips before uninstalling any program on Mac.
- Before you install any program, first see how to uninstall it. Make sure it has its own Uninstall utility
- Before deleting apps, check your Trash is empty, and it does not have anything which you want to save it
- If the app is a third-party app, then first check out its features. Few of them are chargeable, but you don’t need to use the paid software.
These are few genuine methods by which you can uninstall apps on your Mac. You can try out any of the methods to delete an app from Mac. Make sure you don’t use any fake app to remove the apps as it can harm your PC. If you want to download any app which is not available on the Apple store, then make sure you download it from the developer’s website, which is not fake.
We hope you liked this article and it was helpful for you. Stay tuned to us for more updates. If you have any questions, then let us know by commenting in the comment section below.
Sometimes we download apps and we realize that we do not need them anymore. But the regular app removal on macOS does not entirely remove everything about the app – It just deletes the program but not the preferences data, caches, downloading files, and history of the program. The worse is that you suddenly find some malicious programs that you cannot remove from your Mac computer.
So there comes Mac app uninstaller software aiming to completely delete these applications from your Mac OS running machine. And with these apps, you can be sure that every single thing about an unwanted app will be removed from your MacBook or iMac.
Top 4 app uninstaller for Mac [2020 Updated]
We’ve reviewed more than 10 programs to remove apps on Macs since 2018. By following some criteria, we finally picked out these best app uninstallers for you. And some of them are completely free.
As top apps in this area, these apps are compatible with all popular Mac operating system, including the latest macOS Catalina. They are easy-to-use, 100% safe, and cost-effective. To know more about their features, just go on your reading.
1. AppCleaner – free app uninstaller for Mac
FreeMacSoft developed one popular free app removers for Mac users – AppCleaner. With this freeware, you can easily search the apps, plugins, and widgets you don’t want anymore, and completely remove them from your Mac. Besides, it allows you to simply drag and drop any unwanted app for swift uninstallation.
- Drag and Drop feature to quickly uninstall an app.
- This app is totally free to use.
- Recover the apps that you mistakenly deleted.
- Support all Macs including the latest macOS Catalina.
- It doesn’t have filters to get old and large apps.
- It has no filter to get and remove only the leftovers of missing apps.
- It can’t remove some apps and it shows these apps are protected.
2. AppZapper – perfect Mac app uninstaller
This software AppZapper has stood out amongst other uninstaller software for the macOS system because of its simplistic design and good capability of app removing. This software is also very deep with cleanups and can remove all unwanted apps and their settings, widgets, plugins, and so on. Just like AppCleaner, this software is also designed with the macOS drag and drop feature in mind.
- Drag and Drop feature.
- Nice filters to get large-sized apps and old apps.
- With “Undo” to get back the apps that you deleted mistakenly.
- Supports Mac OS X 10.6.2 and later.
- It is not very simple to use. (the app icons so big)
- It can’t find only the leftovers.
- Its free version is limited with only 5 zaps (You can perform 5 apps removing with AppZapper). And the price is 19.95 and above.
3. CleanMyMac – Best App to Remove Only The Leftover Files.
CleanMyMac gives you a lot of features to free up space on Mac. And its Uninstaller Tool could be one of the best tools for uninstalling Mac apps. It can perform its primary function of uninstalling applications and their related files just like other app removers we listed.
- Better than other apps, CleanMyMac X is able to find and remove only the leftover files. And it also has various labels that help you easily find old and large apps.
- It provides several other useful features to clean your Mac storage to boost the performance.
- This app can find duplicate files on your mac and help you get rid of them. Its user interface is also very well designed and you can figure everything out intuitively.
The trial version gives you only 2 applications removing for free.
This is another app remover for Mac computer. AppDelete is very thorough in removing applications from your mac, and this is one of its major strengths. Where other software might overlook, this software acts. This software can help remove widgets, screensavers, preference panes, widgets, plugins, app settings, and so on.
This application is also very flexible. It provides you with options as regards what to with the apps and files you want to remove. You can log such files, archive to a zip file, or completely remove such apps/files. Also, deleted apps are not removed straight away, but are kept in the recycle bin in case you made a mistake deletion.
Cons: This app is not a free one, and has a price of 5 – 7.99 dollars.
We didn’t cover all AppCleaner similar programs in this post, like the apps TrashMe, AppTrap, iTrash, and MacClean, since all of them are not freeware, and have almost the same features.
How to choose a qualified app uninstaller for Mac computer?
It’s easy to know what is an uninstaller app, but it may be hard to select one top uninstaller app for your Mac, which is a totally different ball game. So what are the factors and criteria you should consider when choosing a top app uninstaller for your Mac? Let’s check out the list below.
Free Mac Uninstall Software
1. Level of App Cleanup
It is important for you to understand the level of cleanup that the software provides. Some software can remove all the files related to the unwanted app, while others just remove a few.
Also, some software cannot remove applications that run in the background. For the best App cleaning software, it should be in a top cleanup level to remove all leftover files.
2. Is It Safe to Use
Is it safe to use? You may ask this question before using a Mac uninstaller app. And this is one of the basic conditions all apps ought to have.
Actually, one app could be safe if the app has an official website with a real company address and online tech support, or it was recommended by some famous or trustworthy sites.
3. Computing Requirements
You can’t use a Mac uninstaller program if it is not compatible with your computer. Since all apps have basic requirements for the computer system, such as storage and system version, in order to run stably and use computing resources normally.
And the best app remover should be compatible with all the popular Mac OS, including the newest macOS Mojave and macOS Catalina. And we picked out the top app by following this criterion.
4. User Interface and Experience
Uninstaller For Mac App Store
You need to consider the user interface and experience of your desired uninstaller software.
Uninstaller App For Mac
If one app is poorly designed, it may cost you a lot of time to figure out how to use it. But as one of the top programs, it should be time-saving and highly effective.
Most of the time the best app is not the free one since the software vendors will cost a lot to hire people to design and develop.
You’d better know the cost of these programs and find the most cost-effective one. And be careful that some apps require a one-time purchase license while some others require periodic subscriptions.
Best App Uninstaller For Mac
Surely, there are some other factors you may consider while selecting a qualified mac app cleaner, including the customer service, the money-back policy, and so on.
Free App Uninstaller For Mac
Free App Uninstaller For Mac
There you have it, the top best app uninstaller for Mac We gathered since. We all need one of these software on our computers in new macOS Mojave as unwanted apps are inevitable. Selecting the best one for you should not be too much of a trouble, as this article has provided you with more than enough information to make the best decision.