Adobe Photoshop Elements. Where you can use it: Mac and Windows Why we love it: While not truly a free photo editor, Photoshop Elements does have a free trial, and it’s far and away among the best photo editing software for Mac and Windows.The suite of automated editing tools — including for exposure, color balance, and reducing the effects of camera shake — make short work of the.
Summary: We will discuss top 5 best video editing software for mac in this article, include each video editing software’s pros & cons, and audience for, go and get the trial version to decide which is the best one for you.
- Mac users who only need a simple video editor will find that Apple iMovie is the best free video editing software, because of its strong integration with Apple's operating system and easy-to-grasp.
- Which Mac should you buy to edit video: Mac Pro, iMac Pro, iMac, Mac mini, MacBook Pro or something else? We look at the best Apple hardware and software for the job.
- The best video editor overall is: Adobe Premiere Pro For a small monthly sub, Premiere Pro offers outstanding value for money. It's the industry-standard video editing program, used by the pros.
// Review of the Top 5 Best Video Editing Software for Mac
1. TechSmith Camtasia
2. Filmora Mac Video Editor
4. Apple Final Cut Pro X
5. Movavi Video Editor for Mac
Why You Need a Best Video Editing Software for Mac
This is the age of video consumption, where people don’t only love watching and sharing video content but also actively engage in the creation of videos. Thanks to powerful video editing tools and movie-making programs, anyone with a spark of creativity and the desire to learn can turn ordinary videos into exciting content.
In fact, popular YouTubers are great examples of people who started out with nothing other than a camera in hand and now have professionally created videos watched by millions of people. If you’re in a similar boat and hope to create outstanding video content, you’ll need to try your hands on some of the best video editing softwares.
These programs offer a variety of options and features that you can use to turn ordinary videos into professionally edited content, however, since they all differ in terms of pricing, options, and functionality, you’ll need to choose which suits your needs the best. Some of the programs are great for beginners looking to step into the world of video editing while others are designed for professional users, requiring you to have a basic understanding of video editing methodologies while using them. YouTube is the best teacher so if you want to learn how to use any of the following software, simply browse through some good videos and you’re all set to kickstart your video editing journey.
Being a Mac user, you’re in for a good experience since creatives always vouch for Mac to be the best machine if you want to get good graphics work done. This review enlists the top best video editing software for Mac, so go ahead, download these and use them on trial versions to decide which is the best one for you.
Review of the Top 5 Best Video Editing Software for Mac
#1. TechSmith Camtasia
Educational, informative or instructional videos (such as tutorials, how-tos etc) need to be created using a professional screen recording and video editing software. One of the most powerful screen recording and video editing software is TechSmith Camtasia, a favorite of both Windows and Mac users alike.
Camtasia lets you record your screen, your audio as well as your headshot as needed to create effective online tutorials. This is the go-to software for most online tutors who want the combination of screen recording, audio recording along with cam recording.
What sets Camtasia apart from other Mac video editors and makes it the most preferred video editing program for online tutorials is its multiple editing features. The most useful is the annotations that you can use to mark or highlight important areas in the video. You can also use titles and multiple callout styles to create dialogues to create instructional content with the video. Moreover, you can make use of the transitions, zoom in/out and effects to give your video the professional touch it needs. Unlike other Mac video editing programs, Camtasia has all the necessary tools to help you create demonstrative video content.
Since Camtasia video editor caters to online educational content, it also gives you options to create quizzes, record and import presentations as well as pan animations to your recording screen. A powerful video editing program for Mac, Camtasia comes at a price tag of $249.00 which is a far heftier price tag than its other counterparts. The program does come with plenty of useful tutorials so if you’re planning to start an online course or tutorship, this is one of the best video editing tools to use on Mac, although it is not as professionally cut out for video editing as Premiere or Final Cut Pro X. Nevertheless, this Mac video editing software is aimed at professionals and newbies may need some time understanding and figuring out the program.
You can read the full review of Camtasia video editor, to learn detailed features of it, and how to make the professional tutorials or how-to videos with ease.
• Screen, cam and audio recording simultaneously. Good for live tutorials.
• A range of effects and feature set you can use to create professional content.
• Direct social sharing available.
• Some deeper features may require editing of the UI.
• Expensive price tag.
• The best video editing software for who wants to create professional tutorials or demonstrative content on Mac.
#2. Filmora Mac Video Editor
Filmora has gained quite a popularity with users, those who are looking for an easy-to-use video editing tool for Mac that doesn’t cost them hundreds of dollars and can get basic stuff done. Sporting a more of a DIY option, Filmora is designed for the casual user. With pre-defined musical tracks, great design themes and plenty of graphical tidbits to choose from, Filmora is a great video editor for Mac if you want something to get the job done. It also allows for easy screen recording, so if you’re hoping to record a cool video and get it edited without wasting too much time, Filmora is good.
There are multiple annual plans for you to choose from starting from $44.99 to $79.99 with the last one giving unlimited downloads to stock footages from the Filmstocks library. You can also try the program with all its features in the Trial option, but your final product will have a huge watermark over it. For beginners, Filmora gives the best of both world editing and aesthetically pleasant content. You may be interested in reading the review of Filmora video editor.
Learn how to edit videos with Filmora from this video:
• Plenty of themes and design options to choose from.
• Easy-to-use interface and requires no former training.
• Available at affordable price plans.
• Lifetime purchase available $59.99.
• Limited features for those seeking extensive options.
• Limited stock footages in the Filmstock library.
• Not recommended for highly professional work.
• Entrepreneurs, DIY users who want an easy-going video editing software on Mac.
iMovie is the video editing software comes along with all macOS devices. The program has a slick interface and is a great starting point for users who are absolutely new to video editing and are looking for free options before they invest in full-fledged video editing software. The iMovie can help you get basic editing done with pre-defined title designs, transition designs and backgrounds. You can add audio, maintain color balance, perform color correction, crop videos, and apply filters to videos using given options. You’re even given fourteen design themes to start from where you simply enter videos and titles letting the theme do its magic.
Being a free Mac video editor, the Apple iMovie has an impressive set of tools for media organization, color and speed optimization along with professional audio options for your video. Not to mention, it also has green-screen effects and supports 4K video although it still needs to provide support for 360-degree video. With a great interface, easy-to-use designs and theme options, the iMovie program is the best entry-level video editing software for Mac users. If you’re starting out and have absolutely no budget for investing in a professional video editing program, the iMovie is a perfect choice. The only setback to the iMovie is that you cannot record a screen and will need to use another screen recording program to record the screen and then import it into iMovie for editing.
Learn iMovie video editing tutorial for beginners:
• Highly efficient interface.
• Multiple editing options.
• Free for all Mac users.
• Plenty of audio and design tools.
• Has limited video track options.
• Needs additional flexibility.
• Animation options would have been great.
• Entry-level novices experimenting with video editing on Mac.
#4. Apple Final Cut Pro X
Apple’s very own professional Final Cut Pro X is a powerful video editing software designed for professionals, and boasts of premium features such as 360-degree video support, face analysis, multi-cam support and many others that make it a worthy purchase at $299. Along with the price, you may also have to invest some money in purchasing various plugins (that is if you’re at a professional level requiring more effects). According to many experts, Final Cut Pro X is to Apple as Adobe Premiere is to Windows which essentially means the program is designed for providing cutting edge video editing functionalities, turning your normal video shoots into professional content fit for online distribution. Some have even gone ahead to place the Final Cut Pro X above the Premiere in terms of its easy-to-use interface and sleek design.
Since it’s a full-fledged video editing tool, it might not come easy for novice users which is why it’s highly recommended that you look up some tutorials online and try out the trial version before making a full purchase. The Apple Final Cut Pro X has an exciting interface that lets you do some pretty amazing things with its multiple editing features. The latest version of the Final Cut Pro is the most appealing as it allows you to dabble in 360-degree VR content and provides support for HDR and HEVC video forms. Since the Final Cut Pro X is a product of Apple, you’ll find it quite similar to the iMovie functioning in the same manner with of course the only difference being one is for novice users while the other is for professionals. If you’re ready to take on video editing as a regular activity and want to truly master the process, Final Cut Pro X could be your best video editing software on Mac.
Final Cut Pro X full tutorial may do help for you:
• Support for 360-degree videos and VR Content.
• Dozens of features and options to choose from.
• Support for the latest Mac Touchbar.
• Lack of timeline tracking.
• Maybe a bit complicated for new users.
• An expensive price tag.
• Additional purchase for plugins.
• You will need to invest in learning about the program before using it.
• Professional editors who can make maximum use of the software’s features.
• Those who want to take up video editing as a professional skill.
#5. Movavi Video Editor for Mac
Video editors like Camtasia, Final Cut Pro X may be difficult to master for new users which is why it is often seen to be used by professionals who are able to dig into all the important features of the tools. For the average user though, an easy option like Filmora and Movavi are good enough. Similar to Filmora, Movavi Mac video editor has almost the same features with just one or two minor differences (such as Filmora’s lack of support for keyframe animation or lack of instructions within the program itself). Other than that, the price tag is the same with Movavi Video Editor Plus having a price tag of $59.95.
The plus side to the Movavi Video Editor Plus is you can captures video from TV tuners and VHS which is a great deal for people who want to digitize old video cassettes and TV programs.
Learn how to edit video on Mac with MOVAVI video editor
• Multiple effects and options to choose from.
• Support for older OS.
• Sound normalization.
• Allows for VHS capture.
• No social integration options.
• Not recommended for highly professional work.
• Casual users, bloggers, and beginners who want an easy video-editing option.
Video editing is an exciting field and one that thousands of aspiring YouTubers, bloggers, entrepreneurs, and artists are enthusiastic about. When choosing the best video editing application for Mac, it’s essential to understand what your goals are and what you expect out of the program. If you’re someone who’s just starting out and wants to dabble in video content at a rapid scale then options like Filmora or Movavi are great to use. They don’t require any pre-understanding or experience with video editing and can easily get the job done. With cool effects, music and footage library etc, you can get most of your task done.
On the other hand, if you want to take up video editing as a skill or a profession, then you must turn towards professional programs for video editing like Adobe Premiere or Final Cut Pro which are tools professionals use. To master these tools though, you will need to invest time in online tutorials and experiment with multiple options. You also need to have a strong system that can hold these programs especially since video editing consumes RAM heavily. You will also need to invest money in buying these programs and they don’t come cheap which is why it’s advised that you need to be very clear on what you want and then spend your money accordingly.
To know which program suits you best, download the trial version, play around and see what features you want the most for your particular project. The trial version may have limited options and may even have watermarks at the end product, so it might be useless if you want to use it for a rare/one-time project. In that case, the iMovie makes the best choice! To record your screen for free, you can use other programs like Loom which you can download and then edit in iMovie.
Remember to always identify your needs, check and compare the video editing programs through trial versions before you make a purchase. You can also invest some time in reading user experience, reviews and suggestions by experts to see which Mac video editing software meets your expectations and goals.
by Christine Smith • 2020-10-28 17:29:13 • Proven solutions
How do you edit GoPro videos on the Mac platform? Is there any special GoPro video editor for Mac? What are the unique features of those video editors? Yes, you can edit GoPro videos using sophisticated software on the Mac systems effortlessly. This article guides you to choose the best GoPro video editor for Mac system. Take a quick look at the elaborate descriptions of the 15 best GoPro video editors specially developed to perform on Mac systems. After viewing the content below, you will get a clear idea about the perfect GoPro video editor, which fits your needs appropriately without any compromises.
Part 1. Best GoPro Video Editor for Mac and Windows Recommended
If you are looking for a GoPro video editor with remarkable features, then Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the right choice. This editor allows the users to download Windows or Mac versions according to their OS requirements. Both the versions perform equally without any interruptions.
Your Best GoPro Video Editor for Mac and Windows
- Edit GoPro videos by trimming, cropping, cutting, applying effects, and other features.
- Adjust GoPro video parameters like resolution, bit rate, frame rate, and other parameters to reduce the size.
- Convert GoPro video to over 1000 formats, like AVI, MKV, MOV, MP4, etc.
- Convert GoPro video to an optimized preset for almost all devices.
- 30X faster conversion speed than other common converters.
- Burn GoPro video to playable DVD with attractive free DVD template.
- Versatile toolbox includes fixing video metadata, GIF maker, DVD burner, and screen recorder.
- Supported OS: Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, Mac OS 10.15 (Catalina), 10.14, 10.13, 10.12, 10.11, 10.10, 10.9, 10.8, 10.7, 10.6.
A short tour on the process of GoPro video editing on Mac using Wondershare UniConverter:
Step 1 Install GoPro Video Editor for Mac and Add Video to Edit.
Visit the official website of Wondershare UniConverter and download the Mac version. Install the tool by following the wizard. You must tap a series of ‘Next’ button to commence the download process. Soon after the completion of the installation process, you have to import the GoPro video using the +Add Files icon. You can also import files from DVDs, local folder, external storage devices, etc.
Step 2 Edit GoPro Video with Editing Features.
Video Tutorial: How to Trim/Merge Video Using Wondershare UniConverter
Wondershare UniConverter allows you to perform various editing on the uploaded videos like Trim, Crop, Filter Effects, Change Brightness, Add Subtitle, Watermarks, etc. Depending on your needs, you can choose the right editing icon to perform your desired process. The three icons beneath the uploaded file assist in carrying out the editing process, the scissor image trims the video as per your needs. The next icon crops the video, and the final image helps to add effects to the video. The screenshot below displays the options available in the ‘Crop’ feature of Wondershare UniConverter.
Part 2. Recommended 7 GoPro Video Editors for Mac for You
- Lightworks (https://www.lwks.com/)
This app is a complete video editing and creation package compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. It is one of the highly recommended GoPro video editors for Mac because of its amazing features. It is widely used in the cinema industry, and it is in the field of video editing for more than 25 years.
- Vegas Pro Suite 17 (https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/)
This suite is the best GoPro editing software, which meets the expectations of the professionals optimally. There are two modules, namely, Prepare and Edit modules. This app can handle video formats like Sony RAW 4K, Sony RAW 2K, XAVC Long, XAVC Intra, etc. It can work with 4K resolution video files efficiently. This app costs $399.95 USD. This suite includes the ‘Catalyst Production’ option to fasten the editing and shoot process.
- Adobe Premiere Pro (https://www.adobe.com/in/products/premiere.html)
The Adobe Premiere Pro serves as a prestigious product from Adobe family. This app helps the professionals to edit the GoPro video precisely as per their desires. It can handle any video formats without any restrictions. It tracks the motion accurately and shares the edited files easily on any platform like email and social media like Facebook, YouTube, etc. just by a single click. It costs $20.99/ month subscription fee.
- Final Cut Pro for Mac (https://www.apple.com/ca/final-cut-pro/)
The Final Cut Pro video editing tool for Mac is powerful and complicated. Only the professionals can handle this software wisely and utilize the potential features precisely. You can make use of this tool to perform various operations on the GoPro video like 3D titles, custom effects, color grading, etc. The price of this software is $399.99.
- Adobe Premiere Elements (https://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements.html)
This GoPro video editor for Mac is an amazing software, which works on every detail on the Go Pro video effectively. You can include a lot of features on the GoPro video through the finest steps. There are options to carry out intelligent editing such as animate, fix footage, removes grain on GoPro videos, trim smartly, dazzling effects on the videos, etc. It is enough if you spare $69.99 to use the feature-rich app.
- CyberLink Power Director(https://www.cyberlink.com/)
This software establishes a complete control on the video editing and provides more than 200 editing tools. It has easy to use features with flexible plans. This video editor is a cost-effective software wide range of salient functionalities.
- HitFilm Pro (https://fxhome.com/hitfilm-pro)
HitFilm Pro is the best video editing tool for professionals. You can implement 3D effects on the existing video using this innovative tool. It is the perfect editor for GoPro videos and boosts up the overall appearance of the video by a few clicks on the editor platform. This app is compatible with Windows and Mac.
Part 3. Top 7 Free GoPro Video Editors for Mac
- GoPro Fusion Studio (https://gopro.com/en/in/shop/softwareandapp/gopro-fusion-studio-app/fusion-studio.html)
This fusion studio takes your editing experience to the next level. It enhances the overall quality of the original video. There are wide ranges of tools to customize every detail in the video, like audio, color, brightness, saturation, etc. You can edit, trim, and crop the video content according to your desires without any compromises on the quality factor.
- Easy upload of the GoPro video content on the editor platform.
- Manual adjustments on color attributes are possible on this ground.
- Apply effects on the GoPro video to insert realistic changes in the existing video content.
What Is The Best Video Editing Software For Mac
- The users encounter difficulties while making use of White balance control on this editor tool.
- It is quite challenging to upload large video files for editing purposes.
- The updated GoPro fusion studio is not working correctly when compared to its prior version.
- iMovie for Mac (https://www.apple.com/imovie/)
This video editor for Mac OS handles the GoPro videos professionally. The high fidelity filters transform the original video into a sophisticated form through few clicks. Apply the right effects on your favorite video to acquire the desired outcomes. You can simplify the soundtracks and apply special effects on the GoPro videos in no time. It is a highly recommended GoPro video editor for Mac OS.
- Well-defined controls with professional results.
- This software can handle up to 4K resolution type GoPro videos.
- User-friendly editing is possible with this app.
- It is compatible only with iOS and Mac OS systems.
- Very few supportive video file formats.
- There is no automatic motion tracking feature is available with this tool. You have to keyframe the video manually.
- Video Pad (https://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/index.html)
It is a free video editor, which includes more than 50 filter effects. You can try out unique video transition effects on the GoPro videos. The stunning default templates are available to increase the overall appearance of the resultant videos. The built-in sound effect library helps you to include unique tracks for your favorite GoPro videos.
- Easy to share the edited videos in an online mode like YouTube.
- This output file of this video editor is available with multiple resolutions.
- Editing takes place without any data loss.
- Not compatible with Android devices.
- For commercial use, you have to purchase this app.
- No clear guide to assist novice users.
- Quik (https://gopro.com/en/us/shop/softwareandapp/quik-%7C-desktop/Quik-Desktop.html#)
This video editor is a prestigious product from GoPro. There are few automatic features available with this editor. When you plug-in the camera, auto-upload of videos takes place without any interruptions.
- Precise video trimming option.
- The ‘HiLight’ tags assist you in focusing on the best moments.
- The latest version performs well without any regrets.
- Not applicable for Android and iOS devices.
- It does not support all types of video file formats.
- The ‘HiLight’ tag is restricted to a certain count. You can use this tag only up to 10 times in a video.
- Davinci Resolve (https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/)
It is one of the best GoPro video editors for Mac systems. This tool adopts classic techniques to edit GoPro videos. It is freeware, and you can download this software on its official website.
The Best Video Editing Software For Mac
- Ease color correction, and multiple editing on GoPro videos is possible.
- New editing controls are available to acquire a unique look of the video.
- Fast editing and serves as a boon for professional video editors.
- This tool does not support Android and iOS devices.
- It is a sophisticated platform and challenging to identify the necessary controls quickly.
- Not suitable for beginners.
- Blender (https://www.blender.org/download/)
This software assists the editors in trying out unique 3D animation effects on the GoPro videos in an effective manner. There are nearly 32 slots available at this platform to load with multimedia files like audio, video, images, etc.
- Availability of ‘Add-ons’ to develop an impressive video as its outcome.
- The pre-programmed keyboard shortcuts assist the editor to save time while editing the video.
- You can include interactive 3D animation effects on the existing GoPro videos.
- Complex interface with implicit features.
- You should learn a lot before making use of this software.
- To obtain the desired results, it requires a lot of effort and hard work.
- Avidemux (http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/)
It is a beginner’s video editing tool where you can perform a wide range of basic editing operations on the GoPro videos. This software helps you to make small edits optimally.
- Availability of de-noising filters.
- Full-featured encoding occurs in this platform.
- Excellent cutting, filtering, and encoding are possible with this software.
- There are no special effects filters to customize the GoPro videos.
- This tool does not use the timeline.
- It cannot upload large size video files.
Therefore, you had a quick discussion on a wide range of GoPro video editors for Mac in this article. This content will be an informative guide to choose the perfect GoPro video editor as per your needs. You must analyze the pros and cons before selecting the right tool for editing purposes. Most experienced professionals suggest Wondershare UniConverter is the best GoPro video editor for Mac. Explore the benefits of this tool through a quick download in your Mac systems. The above reliable facts will assist you in figuring out the best video editor in the digital market.