”Parallels Desktop is the easiest, fastest, and most tightly integrated app for running Windows apps or the Windows desktop in Apple OS X.”Edward Mendelson, PCMag.com “The latest version of Parallels, the popular Windows virtualization tool for Mac OS X, almost feels like its trolling Apple.”Engadget. Parallels 6 Parallels Desktop 7's other enhancements include support for Mac OS X Lion's full-screen mode and Mission Control interface, support for the AES-NI encryption standard. Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac Brings Seamless Integration on One Computer. Whatever your needs are, run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side with no compromises in performance. It’s like your Windows apps were made for your Mac. Use Mac OX Mountain Lion features like Launchpad, Mission Control and Full Screen with your Windows applications. The last time I upgraded my Mac, I had an issue because Parallels stopped working. Apparently, Parallels Desktop 7 worked for Lion (10.7), but not Mountain Lion (10.8). That was a frustration that I wanted to avoid. When Mavericks (10.9) comes out, I can upgrade my laptop without worrying that all of my Parallels Operating Systems will shut down.
System Requirements for Parallels Desktop 16
Supported Mac Configurations
To run most applications such as Microsoft Office, accounting, trading, SAP, Matlab, and more.
For graphics-intensive applications, high loads, and running multiple virtual machines.
|Processor||Intel Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, Core i9, Intel Core M or Xeon processor||Intel Core i5, Core i7, Core i9 or Xeon processor|
|Memory||4 GB of RAM||16 GB of RAM or more|
|Storage||500 MB for Parallels Desktop application installation|
Additional disk space for the guest operating system (at least 16 GB is required for Windows 10)
|Graphics||Intel, AMD Radeon or NVIDIA||AMD Radeon Pro graphics card|
|Operating System||macOS Big Sur 11.0 (when released)|
macOS Catalina 10.15.5 or newer
macOS Mojave 10.14.6 or newer
macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 or newer
|macOS Big Sur 11.0 (when released)|
DirectX 11 requires at least macOS Mojave 10.14, but works best on macOS 10.15.5 Catalina or newer.
|Internet connection is required for product activation, updates and select features.|
Guest Operating Systems
- Windows 10
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 8
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 7 (SP0-SP1)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (SP0-SP2)
- Windows Vista Home, Business, Ultimate and Enterprise (SP0-SP2)
- Windows Server 2003 R2 (SP0-SP2)
- Windows XP (SP0-SP3)
- Windows 2000 Professional SP4
- Windows 2000 Server SP4
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 8,7 and 6
- CentOS Linux 8, 7, 6
- Fedora Linux 32, 31
- Ubuntu 20.04, 19.04, 18.04 LTS, 16.04 LTS
- Debian GNU/Linux 10, 9
- Suse Linux Enterprise 15
- OpenSUSE Linux 15.2, 15.1, 15
- Linux Mint 20, 19, 18
- Kali 2020.2, 2019, 2018
- Elementary OS 5
- Manjaro 18
- Mageia 7
- Gentoo Linux **
- Solaris 11, 10 **
- openBSD 6 **
- FreeBSD 12, 11 **
- openVZ 7
- eComStation 2, 1.2 **
- ReactOS 0.4 **
- Android OS *
- macOS Big Sur 11.0 (when released)
- macOS Catalina 10.15
- macOS Mojave 10.14.x
- macOS High Sierra 10.13.x
- macOS Sierra 10.12.x
- OS X El Capitan 10.11.x
- OS X Yosemite 10.10.x
- OS X Mavericks 10.9.x
- OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.x
- OS X Lion 10.7.x
- OS X Lion Server 10.7.x
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server 10.6.x
- Mac OS X Leopard Server 10.5.x
- and many more...
- * — Only the version downloaded with help of the Installation Assistant with Parallels Desktop.
** — Parallels Tools are not available for this operating system.
Parallels Mac Torrent
Note: Parallels Desktop for Mac emulates PC hardware, so operating systems that are not present in this list can work as well. You can download the Parallels Desktop trial and install an operating system of your choice. If it doesn't work and you believe it should be supported, let us know at Parallels Forum.
Parallels Tools for Linux require X Window System version 1.15-1.20 and Linux Kernel version 2.6.29-5.1.
Moving Your PC?
PC system requirements to move your PC to your Mac (using Parallels Transporter Agent):
Parallels For Mac Networking
- 700 MHz (or higher) x86 or x64 processor (Intel or AMD)
- 256 MB of RAM
- 50 MB of available hard disk space for installation of Parallels Transporter Agent
- Ethernet or WiFi network adapter for migrating over network
- External USB drive for migrating via external disk
- Supported Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 and Windows 2000 *
- * — To migrate Windows Vista or older, Transporter Agent from Parallels Desktop 13 should be used. Download the Parallels Transporter Agent.