Purchasing a new MacBook is much similar to buying a ticket to a land of fabulous software & apps. In addition to all the free programs offered by Apple to all the fresh Mac owners, there are some extras essential Mac apps too that help to make the most out of your Machine.
We’ve organized a list of the most useful Mac software and programs that are categorized into ten major categories, ranging from Best Mac Cleaning utility to Best Media Player & so on. Take a look at our best of bunch & let us know which of these suits the most for your needs!
Top 10 Best Mac Apps & Utilities for 2020
We’ve trawled the software market to find the most ideal Mac utilities & apps in every major category for better productivity and efficiency. Try them now!
I concluded last year’s edition of My Must-Have Mac Apps suggesting that, with iCloud approaching its public debut and developers starting to integrate native sync in their iOS and OS X apps, “a new class of Mac software” would take us in new directions. While that has been (partially) the case, 409 days later the results are more nuanced. State of the Union. The 10 must-have utilities for macOS Sierra For the least frustration and most efficiency on your Mac, install these handy extras. 10 Must-Have macOS Tools for Power Users and Developers A Software Installation Manager: Homebrew iTerm2: A Better Terminal CopyClip For Managing Clipboard History Alfred: A Spotlight On Steroids AndroidTool: Communicate With Your Smartphone Spectacle: A Window Manager Fork: A Simple Git GUI Client. Serial App for Mac OS In the CCT series of videos, under the 'Access the Cisco IOS' video, Ronnie talks about the program Serial, available in the App Store for $100. They must have decided it was too expensive, because I looked recently, and that same program is now only $39.99.
1. Disk Clean Pro (Best Mac Cleaner & Optimizer)
An all-in-one solution to keep your Mac machine clean & optimized for smooth performance.
Disk Clean Pro is an affordable tune-up utility to help users maintain their system for a longer time. It features dedicated modules to remove junk files along with hidden redundant files to improve response time & speed up Mac. It’s ‘One-Click Care’ works like magic to keep your machine run clutter-free.
Disk Clean Pro is an excellent Mac optimizer, packed with all the advanced features that several Mac Cleaning utilities miss. Packed with various tools like Junk Cleaner, Logs Cleaner, Crash Reports, Partial Downloads remover, Duplicate Finder, Large & Old Files Cleaner & more. Moreover, it offers a module, Internet Privacy Protector, that works efficiently to remove traces of your browsing history for best-in-class Mac security.
The best part? Disk Clean Pro is available at just $0.99, & it’s a limited time offer, so what are you waiting for? Optimize the storage space in a single scan & make the most of Mac’s disk space.
Several websites have reported Disk Clean Pro, as the #1 Mac Cleaning & Optimization Utility!
2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard (Best Data Recovery Tool for Mac)
An advanced data recovery tool to retrieve accidentally deleted files, documents, music, videos and much more.
Losing data & important files is the kind of nightmare no one would ever want to experience. But unfortunately, it has been known to happen for a variety of reasons such as, drive failure, human error & viruses. However, the “good thing” is the availability of a Data Recovery Software that makes restoring lost files effortless.
EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard is one such data recovery service that lives up to its name, by offering easy yet effective recovery solutions that makes users task super simple. The tool not only helps in locating recently deleted files from corrupted & critical file systems, but also helps in restoring data from external storage devices such as memory sticks, USB drives etc.
There are three different versions available with EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard: Free, Pro & Unlimited. Free edition allows you to recover data up to 200 MB. Get this Best Mac App for your system now!
3. Systweak Anti-Malware (Best Anti-Malware for Mac)
The 24/7 malware protection against your Mac.
Systweak Anti-Malware is a robust Mac security software that does a fantastic job of detecting any type of malicious content hiding in your system. Its smart algorithms understand which types of threats can put your Mac Machine at risk, and hence keep a close check that no suspicious program, malware, adware or spyware could bypass Mac’s defenses.
The antivirus software claims to have a 100% success rate for detecting dangerous malware and viruses. The lightweight application offers multiple scanning methods to make sure you have an ultimate protection against malware and other infections.
To keep your Mac safe, the antivirus software regularly updates its malware database, so that no latest suspicious threat can bypass you Mac’s security. It not only shields your Machine from online threats but also optimizes it for smooth-functioning, which probably makes it one of the best anti-virus programs in the market.
4. CyberGhost VPN Mac (Best VPN App for Mac)
A feature-rich, powerful VPN for PC with an easy-to-use interface, suitable for both novices & professionals.
CyberGhost is one of the most reliable VPN services for Mac. It boasts a really easy set-up process. In fact, all you have to do is download the VPN for your OS from the below button and launch it with one-click on your system. The VPN software boasts more than 3,700 servers across 60+ countries, including optimized servers for torrenting & other streaming services.
The VPN solution comes with a bundle of extra tools to block unnecessary ads, track malicious websites that attempts to make unauthorized access on your system and an automated HTTPS redirection that ensure most secure connection.
It’s one-month plan costs $12.99 which is a bit higher than other standard VPN services in the market. But that’s totally worthy as it supports connecting up to seven devices simultaneously.
5. Duplicate Files Fixer (Best Duplicate Files Cleaner for Mac)
An efficient, fast and easy-to-use duplicate file cleaner to get rid of identical documents, photos, videos, music and other digital media files.
Duplicate Files Fixer by Systweak Software is an awesome duplicate cleaner that helps you reclaim chunks of occupied hard drive space, clogged with unnecessary duplicates such as Documents, Videos, Music, Photos and other files. It’s one of the Best Mac Software for both professional and novice users for finding exact and similar-looking files.
This duplicate file finder comes with a robust set of functionalities for scanning different file types in just a few moments. The Mac utility has a sleek & intuitive interface for great navigation experience. It lets you create a backup of all your duplicate files before you delete them. The application is capable of scanning external devices as well for finding duplicates.
To use this Mac software all you have to do is download it > Add files or folders containing duplicates > click the Scan button to begin sorting > Remove to clean all the duplicate files at once! Enjoy deduplicate library in three-clicks. Duplicate Files Fixer is a must have mac application to fill your bucket of Best Mac Utilities 2020.
6. Stellar Drive Clone (Best Disk Cloning App for Mac)
Is Mac Os Free
A robust Mac utility to help you clone & restore all the files on your hard drive, so you can always have your peace of mind.
Stellar Drive Clone is a complete suite to create a Clone or Image of your Mac hard drive. The Cloned copy can be used as a ‘read-to-use’ copy of the original hard drive. And, the Image file can be used for ‘restoring purpose’ in case any data mishap happens.
The advanced Mac cloning tool supports various types of cloning including, HFS-to-HFS, FAT-to-FAT & NTFS-to-EXFAT. Stellar Drive Clone is a must-have Mac app if you wish to clone an encrypted Mac drive and volumes as well. You can also choose to ‘Schedule’ Periodic Backup’ to create timely backups.
This amazing disk cloning service stands out for two reasons, it’s ease-of-use and high compatibility. It supports all the commonly used OS X versions including the latest MacOS Mojave. Download this app for MacBook Pro now!
7. Photos Exif Editor (Best Exif Data & Editor For Mac)
Editing photo metadata or EXIF data was never this easy. Meet Photos Exif Editor, an ultimate batch photo editing tool for your Mac.
For people unaware what EXIF Data is, it’s basically a set of data attached to every image you capture. It includes basic parameters such as date, time, location, camera settings etc. This can be immensely useful info, when you might want to examine how a particular picture is taken, what are its shutter speed or ISO. Moreover, you can certainly edit and modify those set of info using an Exif data editor.
Presenting, Photos Exif Editor a fast and easy-to-use Mac software to read, write and modify metadata of single or thousands of images in one-go. You can manually manipulate the GPS coordinates of images to change its location. Rename multiple files at once, create EXIF Presets for repeated metadata editing to speed up the process.
It’s one of the best Mac apps to view, edit and modify EXIF, IPTC & XMP metadata. The Mac software supports various common photo formats including RAW image file format.
8. Cisdem Video Player for Mac (Best Media Player on Mac)
A universal video player with an impressive set of features to play up to 5K resolution videos without any jerks or tearing.
You saw that coming, right? Talking about the Best media player and not mentioning Cisdem’s Video Player is certainly not possible. It’s one of the most popular and utilized OS X apps that comes with interactive interface to play both audio and video. The video player is known for its smooth playback assistance offering crystal clear views.
With Cisdem Video Player, you don’t require to download any Codec pack, it lets you directly play WMV, FLV, MKV, AVCHD, AVI etc. videos on your Mac Machine. Best part? Unlike other media player for Mac, Cisdem allows you to automatically load subtitle files for the movie.
Looking to convert your video files for other Apple devices? Cisdem does that too for you with an optional in-app purchase. The video player is designed to support more than 50 audio and video formats. As soon as install the app, it’s ready to go!
9. Tweak Photos (Best Batch Photos Editor for Mac)
Most popular photo editing app that lets you brighten single or thousands of photos in a few clicks.
Tweak Photos is a brilliant package featuring an attractive interface, powerful filters, plethora of customization, adjustment tools and a lot more. This OS X app is available for just $4.99 on Mac app store.
From performing basic editing like renaming, resizing, cropping, simple color fixes, format conversions to advanced editing like applying complex photo filters, watermarking, multi-layer management, Tweak Photos does all for you.
You can download this amazing photo editor for Mac to de-noise bulk images, change texture/stylize, auto-correct orientations, blur multiple images, add frames and other artistic elements to batch photos at once. And just everything to create vivid and dazzling photo collection.
Must Have Mac Programs
10. iSkysoft PDF Editor (Best PDF File Editor for Mac)
A super-smooth Mac software for editing PDF files easily & quickly.
iSkysoft’s PDF Editor is an ultimate solution to edit PDF documents without compromising file formatting. You can download this OS X app to get a complete suit of PDF editing tools to manipulate texts, images, links and other elements present in a PDF file.
Considered as one of the best alternatives to Adobe Acrobat, you can download this Mac software for easy editing, cropping, rotating, extracting, splitting, adding watermarks, altering background colours and a lot more.
Download this free PDF File Editor to quickly edit, convert, create, merge & convert scanned PDF files with ease. Not only this, iSkysoft enables you to protect your PDF files with passwords, you can set permissions for other users to perform specific functions like editing, commenting or printing. It’s one of the best Mac app available to share your PDFs to Email, Google Drive, Evernote and Dropbox in one-click.
Best Mac Apps You Need To Install On Your New Machine!
The MacOS app ecosystem is certainly packed with a lot of hidden gems. All the aforementioned Mac software & utilities are great to get you started. For the least frustration and better efficiency, download these handy extras now!
Mac users have many choices of using different email clients. Apple Mail and Microsoft Outlook are the two widely used email clients on Mac systems. However, with the availability of different email clients, users do not have to depend completely on these two. Depending upon the need, a user can choose any email client.
Must Have For Mac Os Catalina
These email clients are supported by all versions of Mac OS X. Current statistics revels that version wise market share of OSX are as follows :
- Mac OS X 10.9 3.66%
- Mac OS X 10.10 1.18%
- Mac OS X 10.6 0.72%
- Mac OS X 10.8 0.57%
- Mac OS X 10.7 0.56%
- Mac OS X 10.1 0.19%
- Mac OS X 10.5 0.14%
- Mac OS X 10.4 0.03%
Note: Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks and Yosemite are popular naming convention for Mac OS X.
There are many email clients, which provide advanced features to cater the need of various users. With the availability of so many email clients, Apple Mail and Microsoft Outlook no longer remain stagnant email clients. Moreover, it is even harder to choose the best email client from so many different clients.
Some of the Mac Mail Clients available for Mac OS X are mentioned below.
Must Have Apps For Macos Catalina
Postbox 3 is a smart and reliable email client for Mac OS X. Though it is not new, but, it has maintained a traditional look and feel of Mac. It provides a set of advanced features and makes you feel as if you are working with Apple Mail. Some of the
- Provides a safe and smooth way of handling email.
- Smooth way of setting of POP and IMAP accounts with the ability of analyzing and finding the right IMAP configuration.
- Easy loading of huge number of messages with a progress bar to track the progress
- Enhance the emailing experience by a set of new features and very interactive and easy to use interface.
- Easy handling of messages with marking facility at the beginning and end. You can quickly reply to the latest messages and easily follow any message thread. In addition, you can easily see the sender of the message with the help of the inspector pane next to each message and click them to see the sender’s contact details.
- Advanced searching mechanism based on the sender of the message. This option allows you to search for any messages, images, or attachments just by clicking the links within their address book info.
- Inbuilt ability to write a new mail in an easy way by choosing your response preferences from a pull down menu.
- Works easily with many tools like Evernote to keep track of the services you send to them.
- Can easily be used with the Dropbox. By simply dragging and dropping the files, allow the receiver of the message to download the file directly from the Dropbox account.
- Uses the Gravatar service to get images and acquaintances.
- Perform various operations on task like creating new tasks, checking finished off tasks, etc. by using the To-Do mode.
- Maintains your favorite feeds by integrating the RSS reader into it.
- Allows support for Gmail by allowing the use of Gmail’s keyboard shortcuts. Such a feature can be used at anytime, whenever required.
- Advanced Online help files to help you find and use all these features.
With all these features Postbox 3 is considered to be one of the best options for the majority of the Mac Mail clients’ user.
Inky is yet another Mac mail client, which has lots to offer. It combines the features of a highly professional email client meant for business as well as provides various other features required by many other users. Some of the key features of Inky are mentioned below.
- Provides great portability by storing the mails on a remote server and information about the POP and IMAP accounts on itself.
- Require only one account login credentials to get all the emails to any computer.
- Provides a very interactive and transparent interface, which allows you the view mail on the basis of individual accounts or clever Smart Views.
- Uses an advanced algorithm to categorize maps, package info, daily deals, subscription mailings, etc. automatically.
- You can set Inky to arrange your email on the basis of relevance by just clicking on the icons.
- It is free to use and incorporates new ideas that can be well executed to provide the best a user is looking for.
Mail Pilot also provides more or less the same features as offered by other email clients. Some of the noted features of Mail Pilot are mentioned below.
- Mail Pilot considers each message as a task. With this, you can perform any action to a message instantly or at a later time. In addition, you can set reminders for a later action. Moreover, such tasks can be performed by making use of the various keyboard shortcuts present at the bottom of the screen.
- It uses the IMAP protocol to set up an account.
- Provides various options to navigate message thread, sort them, and stack them.
- Many of the features like the ability to save a new message as a draft, is still under construction. However, the Mail Pilot client is worth a use.
Unibox is a well structured and designed email client for Mac OS X. You can take advantage of the following features if you are using Unibox as an email client.
- Takes a quick and easy approach to set up IMAP accounts.
- Displays the mailbox on the basis of the sender on a particular day.
- Easy switching between multiple sender’s message thread from the top of the screen.
- With the interface involving just one window, you can utilize maximum space.
- Various buttons to sort, junk, or delete a message as well as replying and forwarding options appears on the left and right side of the screen.
It is another very economical Mac mail client to be used on Mac OS X. Some of its features are mentioned below.
- Interactive and nice interface
- Inexpensive client to be used with IMAP-based webmail.
However, unlike the Post box 3 as discussed before, the Dropbox option is not easy to set up.
Mac Os List
The Apple mail is the default Mac mail client for Mac OS X. With Mavericks, the latest OS X, the mail comes free of cost. Some of the features of this email client are mentioned below.
- Advanced search features based on the attachments and attachment types.
- Support for Microsoft Exchange accounts.
As the name says, Sparrow 1.3.1 is a very light and elegant email client for Mac OS X. With this you can configure your Gmail and Yahoo addresses and get them loaded into it within minutes. Some of the other features include the following.
- Maintains the same color coding and labels as used in Gmail or Yahoo folders.
- Allows you to create new labels in Sparrow in a color-coded fashion.
- Allows you to link the messages to any message sorting rule.
- Very interactive and beautiful interface.
Though Apple Mail is considered to be the best email client for Mac OS X, however, with the latest Thunderbird 3, many feel that it is better than the Apple Mail. Some of the latest features incorporated in Thunderbird are mentioned below.
- Tabs for email are one of the latest features introduced in Thunderbird 3.
- Allows you to open more than one Web page in tabs.
- Allows you to open emails and search results in new tabs.
- Supports various add-ons to enhance the working experience with it.
Outlook for Mac 2011
Outlook for Mac 2011 is the same tool as we have MS Outlook for Windows. Until Outlook for Mac 2011, Entourage 2008 was used as an email client for MAC OS X. With the latest Outlook for Mac 20011, it has incorporated some features of the Entourage 2008 as well has added many of its new features. Some of the features of Outlook for Mac 2011 are mentioned below.
- You can keep intact your emails from PC and tasks together in a Mac inbox
- It allows you to unify your messages, contacts, calendars, etc. of your home and office
- Uses a single subject to condense long email threads
- You can view the schedule display while viewing the meeting invitation
- Easily migrate from Windows by just making use of the PST file and using the import tool
- Uses a single folder to consolidate all your work and home emails
- Keep all things integrated without any fear of losing any work
- Supported across various operating systems like Mac OS X or Windows 7
- Lightweight workflow
- Allows attachment preview and data backup using the Time Machine feature
With the availability of so many email clients for Mac OS X, there is always a need for a Mac mail converter. A person using Thunderbird often looks to migrate to Outlook for Mac 2011. Both Thunderbird and Outlook for Mac 2011 uses different file formats and are not compatible with each other. It is always recommended to have Stellar Mac mail converter to convert mails from one email client’s file format to another.