Apple apps such as QuickTime Player, Photos, and Keynote work with many kinds of audio and video formats. Some apps prefer specific formats, but QuickTime movie files (.mov), most MPEG files (.mp4, .m4v, .m4a, .mp3, .mpg), some AVI and WAV files, and many other formats usually work in most apps without additional software.
- Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about jetAudio - MP3 Music Player. Download jetAudio - MP3 Music Player and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. jetAudio is a music player with 10/20 bands graphic equalizer and various sound effects.
- The media player you must have. Just drop anything to it, MPlayerX will give you a clear and smooth playback. MPlayerX is armed by FFmpeg and MPlayer, which means it could handle any media format in the world without extra plug-ins or codec packages.
Older or specialized media formats might not work in your app, because the format requires software designed to support it. If that happens, your app won't open the file or won't play back its audio or video.
How to search for an app that works with your file
Aimp mp3 player free download - VLC Media Player, Apple iTunes (Classic), Audion (Classic), and many more programs.
You might already have an app that supports the format of your file. If you don't know which of your installed apps to try, your Mac might be able to suggest one:
- Control-click (or right-click) the file in the Finder.
- From the shortcut menu that opens, choose Open With. You should see a submenu listing all of the other installed apps that your Mac thinks might be able to open the file.
If none of your installed apps can open the file, search the Internet or Mac App Store for apps that can play or convert the file:
- Include the name of the media format in your search. To find the format, select the file and press Command-I to open an Info window. The format might appear after the label Kind, such as ”Kind: Matroska Video File.”
- Include the filename extension in your search. The extension is the letters shown at the end of the file's name, such as .avi,.wmv, or .mkv.
- QuickTime Player (version 10.0 and later) in OS X Mavericks through macOS Mojave converts legacy media files that use certain older or third-party compression formats.
- Learn about incompatible media in Final Cut Pro X and iMovie.
What is AAX file? Developed by Audible, AAX is the enhanced audible file format containing chapter markers, images hyperlinks and bookmarks etc. Actually, AAX files are encrypted m4b files. As we can tell that all audible aax files are encrypted with audible drm. This is the key point that many audiobook players cannot play them. Don’t worry. Here I have collected all AAX player for Windows/Mac/Android/iOS. So just pick up the one you like to play your audible aax files.
Takeaway: Play AAX on Any Player
Before starting the above parts, please that Audible books only can be played at limited players, even the VLC is not included. Actually, some of the audible players are not so functional or even out of date. But you can convert audible aax to DRM-free MP3 files so that you can play them on any player with the help of Epubor Audible Converter.
Once converted successfully, you can enjoy the drm-free audible mp3 file to any mp3 player.
Core Features of Epubor Audible Converter:
- 1. It can convert audible aa/aax to mp3 or m4b with 60X conversion speed.
- 2. It can split audible into chapters.
- 3. It can edit the metadata of your audible files.
- ...And more.
AAX Player Windows
Audible App(Windows 10 & 8 Only)
Audible app is the official app released by Audible for listening audible books, including audible aa and audible aax. Unfortunately, it is now only available on Windows 10 & 8.
Supported formats: Audible aax, aa
- 1. It can manage your audible library.
- 2. It can download all your Audible books for offline listening.
- 3. It has chapter navigation.
- 4. It enables you to change the listening speed and various mode.v
- 5. Bookmarking is available.
- 6. Sync the audible bookmarks, notes and furthest listening position between different devices.
- 7. It also enables you to transfer audible books to audible compatible mp3 players, like Sandisk MP3 Players.
- 8. If you are the Amazon Prime or Audible members, you can even access Audible channels for unlimited listening with Audible app.
Audible manager is also the official audible audiobook player which was developed many years ago. Compared with Audible app, Audible manager is out of date, no matter the interface or the function. Working as aax player, Audible manager still does its job.
Supported formats: Audible aax, aa
- 1. Play Audible aax and aa files.
- 2. Bookmark audible files.
- 3. It can transfer audible books to non-apple mp3 players.
From the above features, we can see the AudibleManager only have the very limited features as a media player. It lacks of the basic features, such as downloading audible books, chapter navigation, and more.
Windows Media Player
Windows Media Player is the default media play in all Windows platform. The good news is that it also can play audible aax files.
Pro tip: Import audible into Windows Media Player.
Supported formats: aax, aa, wma, mp3, dat, amr, avi.
- 1. It allows you to burn audible to cd or dvd.
- 2. It allows you to cast the audible to other devices.
- 3. As for managing the audible books, it enables you to rate the audible audiobooks.
AAX Player Mac
Unfortunately, you’ll never find any official audible app for Mac OS like you get in Windows. Does this mean there is no aax player on Mac? Don’t worry. Audible authorizes the iTunes and Apple Books as the default audible player on Mac. With the release of MacOS 10.15 Catalina, Apple has transitioned from iTunes to Apple Books. So please identify your Mac system at first before choosing the aax player.
Pro tip: How to import audible into iTunes or Apple Books?
iTunes (MacOS 10.14.6 Mojave or earlier)
Mp3 Player For Mac
iTunes is the pre-installed media player for Mac computer. It enables you to purchase, download and manage your media in one app. Like other Apple products, the interface of iTunes is very neat and intuitive.
Supported formats: aax, aa, m4a, m4b, mp4, mov, m4v, mp3, aax, aiff, epub, pdf etc.
- 1. Manage your video, audio and music easily.
- 2. Built-in store enables you to purchase digital copies as you like.
- 3. Chapter navigation is available.
- 4. It enables you to edit the metadata of the audible files or any other media.
Apple Books (MacOS 10.15 Catalina and later)
Apple has improved its iBooks app and named it Apple Books. Come with the new name, you’ll find that Apple Books not only manage and read ebooks, but also audiobooks. As for Audible aax or aa format audiobooks, you can also play them on Apple Books.
Supported formats: aax, aa, apple audiobooks, aac, mp3 audiobooks, epub, pdf
- 1. It enables you to manage both ebooks and audiobooks.
- 2. Built-in apple store enables you search and buy apple ebooks and audiobooks.
- 3. It allows you to set a sleep timer, adjust the playback speed and play to a speaker.
- 4. Chapter navigation is available.
The iTunes and apple books are two totally different aax players although they share some same features.
AAX Player Online--Audible Cloud Player
If you don't like any of the aax players for Windows and Mac listed above, you can just play audible aax files online with Audible Cloud Player. This is the easiest way for you to listen to audible books, but you need to keep your internet connected all the time. It is not functional as Audible app but if you don't want to download your audible, Audible cloud player is a good alternative.
You can just go to your online Audible library and click on 'Listen now' button to start your online listening.
Supported formats: Audible aax, aa
- 1. It enables you to play audible books online without downloading.
- 2. Bookmarks and chapter navigation are both available.
- 3. It allows you to change the narration speed.
AAX Player Andriod/iOS
As for playing aax on Android or iOS devices, there is only one app--Audible app. After search on the internet for many times, this is the only aax player for Android/iPhone.Apps you need to install:
Audible App for Android/iOS
Mp4 Player For Mac
It shares almost the same features as the Windows app for Windows 10, but with slight differences.
1. You cannot buy Audible books through Audible for iOS, but you can did in Audible for Windows and Android.
2. Audible books downloaded via Audible for Android/iOS(latest version) are in .aaxc format, not .aax format anymore.
These are all audible aax players I want to share today. If you have any Audible player want to share, please leave the comments below.
Iris Yan joined Epubor since 2017. She always wants to share everything related to ebook reading and improve your reading journey.