UGREEN Mini DisplayPort to HDMI VGA 2-in-1 Video Adapter could process the output video through the outside HDMI port and VAG port, and use to connect the equipment with the Mini DisplayPort to a HDTV, display, monitor, and projector that equipped with HDMI port or VGA port, enjoy high-definition video and image on your big-screen display. Choose from: Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter,Belkin 4K Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable (2 m/6.5 ft.). Shop for Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Female Adapter Cable for Apple Macbook at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up.
Mac computers that have any of the following ports can connect to HDMI devices. Learn how to identify the ports on your Mac.
- HDMI port: Connects directly to HDMI using an HDMI cable.
- USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port: Connects to HDMI using an adapter, such as the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.
- Mini DisplayPort: Connects to HDMI using a third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter or cable.
Mac computers that have an HDMI port comply with HDMI 1.4b and support:
- At least 1080p video over HDMI, and some Mac models support higher resolutions when connecting to 4K displays, 5K displays, and Ultra HD TVs
- 8-channel/24-bit audio at 192kHz, Dolby Surround 5.1, and traditional stereo
- HDCP-encrypted playback from iTunes and QuickTime Player (version 10). Safari in macOS Sierra or later also supports HDCP-encrypted playback, if the web page is HTML5-enabled and the content is FairPlay Streaming-enabled and delivered using Media Source Extensions or HTTP Live Streaming.
If using an adapter, check the specifications of the adapter to learn about supported resolutions and other details.
After making the connection
If your Mac doesn't recognize your HDTV, display, or other HDMI device after making the connection:
- Turn off the HDMI device while your Mac is turned on.
- Unplug the HDMI cable from your Mac, then plug it in again.
- Turn on the HDMI device.
If the video on your HDTV or display extends beyond the borders of the screen, open Displays preferences and adjust the Underscan slider for a better fit. Use any of these methods to open Displays preferences:
- Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Displays.
- Press Shift-Command-A to open the Applications folder. Then double-click System Preferences, then click Displays.
- If your keyboard has brightness controls, press Option–Brightness Up or Option–Brightness Down.
If your HDMI device isn't receiving audio from your Mac:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sound. In the Output pane, make sure that your HDMI device is selected.
- If you're connecting using a Mini DisplayPort adapter, make sure that your Mac can send audio over Mini DisplayPort.
- If you're connecting from a Mac mini, unplug any audio device that is plugged into your computer's Audio-Out port.
Apple Mini Displayport Adapter
If your Mac goes to sleep while a video is playing or paused, you might see an HDCP error. Quit the app that is playing the video, then open the app again. If the issue continues, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Energy Saver and adjust the settings so that your display doesn't turn off.
Apple Mini Displayport To Dvi
Mac Displayport Adapter
- If your Mac has an HDMI port, you can use the Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter to connect to a DVI display.
- Mac computers don't support using CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) to control HDMI devices.