- Mac Mini 2012 Max Ram
- Memory For Late 2012 Mac Mini
- Memory Upgrade For 2012 Mac Mini
- 2012 Mac Mini Ram Upgrade
- Compatible Memory For Mac Mini 2012
Before you begin
A-Tech 16GB Kit (2x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz RAM for Apple MacBook Pro (Mid 2012), iMac (Late 2012, Early/Late 2013, Late 2014, Mid 2015), Mac Mini (Late 2012) PC3-12800 SO-DIMM 204-Pin Memory Upgrade 4.7 out of 5 stars 1,066. Mac Specs By Capability Actual Maximum RAM Mac mini Models. The actual maximum RAM of each Mac mini is listed below along with its compatible RAM type, default amount of RAM pre-installed, common identifiers suitable to identify a Mac mini in order to determine its RAM capacity, and more. If you are not sure which Mac mini you have, and the Model Identifier and EMC Number below are not. Your Mac mini comes with 90 days of complimentary technical support and a one-year limited warranty. Purchase AppleCare+ for Mac to extend your coverage to three years from your AppleCare+ purchase date and add up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee of $99 for external enclosure damage, or $299 for other repairable damage, plus applicable tax.
To minimize the possibility of damage to the computer components due to static discharge, it's important to wear an antistatic wrist strap while you work with your computer's memory.
Choose your model
Mac mini models have different memory (RAM) installation requirements. Choose your Mac mini model for more information. If you need help determining which Mac mini you have, find out how to identify Mac mini models.
Mac mini (2018)
Mac mini (Late 2014)
Mac mini (Late 2012)
Mac mini (Mid 2011)
Mac mini (Mid 2010)
Mac mini (Late 2009)
Mac mini (Early 2009)
Mac mini (Mid 2007)
Mac mini (Late 2006)
Mac mini (Early 2006)
Mac Mini 2012 Max Ram
Mac mini (Original)
Mac mini (2018) does not have user-installable RAM. You can configure the memory in your Mac mini (2018) when you purchase it. To upgrade the memory in your Mac mini (2018), go to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Mac mini (Late 2014) has memory that is integrated into the main logic board and can't be upgraded.
2012, 2011, 2010
To remove and install memory in your Mac mini (Late 2012), Mac mini (Mid 2011), or Mac mini (Mid 2010), use the following steps.
Remove the bottom cover
- Turn off your Mac mini. From the Apple menu (), choose Shut Down.
- Disconnect the power cord and all other cables from your Mac mini.
- Lay your Mac mini upside down on a soft cloth or towel, and then rotate the bottom cover counterclockwise to the unlocked position.
- Press on the cover to pop up the opposite side, and then remove the cover.
Remove the original memory modules
- Gently spread the clips at the ends of the top memory module just enough to let the free edge pop up.
- Pull the module out of the slot.
- Repeat to remove the second, bottom module.
Install the new memory
- Carefully press the notched edge of the new memory module into the bottom slot while keeping the opposite edge slightly raised.
- Press down on the raised edge until the clips snap into place.
- Repeat to install the top memory module.
Memory For Late 2012 Mac Mini
Replace the bottom cover
Don't connect the power cord or turn on your Mac mini until you replace the bottom cover. Never operate your Mac mini without the cover in place.
- Replace the bottom cover using the alignment dots to place it in the unlocked position.
- Rotate the cover clockwise to lock it in place.
- Reconnect the power cord and any other cables you disconnected.
After you install the memory, confirm that your Mac mini sees the new memory.
2009 and earlier
To remove or install memory in the following Mac mini models, go to an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Memory Upgrade For 2012 Mac Mini
Confirm that your Mac sees the new memory
To check that the computer recognizes the new memory:
2012 Mac Mini Ram Upgrade
- Start up your computer.
- When you see your desktop, choose Apple () menu, then choose About This Mac.
- Confirm that the memory listed matches the memory you installed.
Compatible Memory For Mac Mini 2012
If the reported memory size isn't correct or if your Mac mini repeatedly plays three tones, it may be having trouble recognizing a memory module. If this happens, shut down your Mac mini, verify the module specifications against the requirements for your Mac mini model, and then repeat the memory installation instructions to make sure that the modules are installed correctly. If you still have issues, remove the memory and consult the support information that came with the memory, or contact the vendor who provided the memory.