Install Mac OS X Yosemite on VMware, and it is the 11th major release of Mac, Apple company. Therefore, this version of Mac OS X Yosemite is 10.10 and it was the old version of macOS operating system among the other operating systems.
Mac Os X Yosemite
You can upgrade to OS Yosemite on any of the following Mac models. Your Mac also needs at least 2GB of memory and 8GB of available storage space.
MacBook introduced in 2009 or later, plus MacBook (13-inch, Aluminum, Late 2008)
MacBook Air introduced in late 2008 or later
MacBook Pro introduced in mid 2007 or later
Mac mini introduced in early 2009 or later
iMac introduced in mid 2007 or later
Mac Pro introduced in early 2008 or later
Xserve models introduced in early 2009
To find your Mac model, memory, storage space, and macOS version, choose About This Mac from the Apple menu . If your Mac isn't compatible with OS X Yosemite, the installer will let you know.
Mac Os X Yosemite For Old Macs
Make a backup
- Still 3D, but Yosemite has depth rather popping out with old-school bevelled effects. OS X Yosemite vs OS X Mavericks: Fonts and icons. The interface changes in Yosemite are enormous - but two are.
- Jun 03, 2014 Surprise: OS X Yosemite will run on some pretty aging Apple hardware, including my mid-2007 iMac, which is also the oldest iMac that can run Mavericks. But expecting the iMac would not make the.
- OS X Yosemite Simulator by matei-bratu; OS X Yosemite Simulator by sardiniangale; OS X Yosemite Simulator TV Version by ibradley2334; OS X Yosemite Simulator remix by ellistomas; Mac OS X Sierra (10.12.0) by -Apple-Inc; Mac OS X 10.7 by PigVenomPV; OS X Yosemite X Kirby Simulator by honnybean; Mac OS Simulator by ownh; What a mac does.
Mac Os X Yosemite For Old Mac Os
Before installing any upgrade, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. Time Machine makes it simple, and other backup methods are also available. Learn how to back up your Mac.
It takes time to download and install OS X, so make sure that you have a reliable Internet connection. If you're using a Mac notebook computer, plug it into AC power.
Download OS X Yosemite
For the strongest security and latest features, find out whether you can upgrade to macOS Catalina, the latest version of macOS.
If you still need OS X Yosemite, use this link: Download OS X Yosemite. A file named InstallMacOSX.dmg will download to your Mac.
Install the macOS installer
Double-click the downloaded file to open a window showing its contents. Then double-click the file within, named InstallMacOSX.pkg.
Follow the onscreen instructions, which will guide you through the steps necessary to install.
After installation of the installer is complete, open the Applications folder on your Mac, then double-click the file named Install OS X Yosemite.
Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions. You might find it easiest to begin installation in the evening so that it can complete overnight, if needed.
Allow installation to complete
Please allow installation to complete without putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac might restart, show a progress bar, or show a blank screen several times as it installs both OS X and related updates to your Mac firmware.
- OS X Yosemite won't install on top of a later version of macOS, but you can erase your disk first or install on another disk.
- You can use macOS Recovery to reinstall macOS.
The App Store only shows updates for the OS you are using at the moment, in your case Yosemite 10.10.5.
If you want to go to another newer OS that is called an upgrade. This can be done through the App Store using the following link.
High Sierra is the last/ newest OS your Mac can use. Scroll down to Section 4 and click on Get macOS High Sierra.
Make a full back up of your Mac before upgrading.
Check to see with the developers of any third party apps you use that there are updates available so they will continue to work in the new OS. Another thing you need to check is if any printers/ scanners etc you use have updated drivers and software so they too can continue to function in the new OS.
Feb 3, 2019 11:15 PM