At 219 pixels per inch to deliver 4K resolution (4069 x 2304 at 21.5”), the LG UltraFine display lets you experience the definition and detail of a Mac on a large 4K screen. One USB-C port can replace multiple ports for transmitting data, 4K video and power charging. The new LG UltraFine™ 27-inch 5K and 21.5-inch 4K monitors will impress even the most demanding of Mac users. They allow for an extension of your workspace right into your home or studio—perfect for MacBook and MacBook Pro fans who crave high-quality resolution at all times.
About the LG UltraFine 4K Display
The 23.7-inch LG UltraFine 4K Display features a 3840 x 2160 resolution, a P3 wide color gamut, 500 nits of brightness, and built-in stereo speakers. Integration with macOS lets you control your display's volume and brightness without the need for physical buttons on the display.
If you connect the display using the Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) cable (included), it provides up to 85W of charging power to your MacBook Pro or MacBook Air. The display has two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports, and you can use one to connect to another 4K display.
If you connect the display using a single USB-C cable (included), it provides up to 85W of charging power to your MacBook or iPad Pro. The display has three USB-C ports and two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports that function as downstream USB-C ports (5Gbps) and offer additional connectivity and power to compatible devices and accessories.
System requirements and compatible Mac models
Best Lg 4k Monitor For Mac
The LG UltraFine 4K Display requires a Mac with a USB-C port or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port running macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or later, or an iPad Pro with a USB-C port.
The LG UltraFine 4K Display supports a resolution of 3840 x 2160 at 60Hz on these devices:
- iMac Pro
Learn how to connect multiple displays to your iMac Pro.
- iMac introduced in 2017 or later
- Mac Pro introduced in 2019
- Mac mini introduced in 2018
Learn how to connect multiple displays to your Mac mini (2018)
- MacBook Pro introduced in 2016 or later
- MacBook Air introduced in 2018 or later
- MacBook introduced in 2015 or later
- iPad Pro with USB-C
- Mac computers with Thunderbolt 2 ports using the Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter
Learn how to adjust your display’s resolution.
If you have issues connecting the display
Apple Monitors 4k
- Get help with video issues if you still don't see an image when using the correct cable.
- If the LG UltraFine 4K Display doesn't power on or you don't see an image after following the steps in the article above, contact LG to get service for your display.
- You can download the LG UltraFine 4K Display owner's manual on the LG support page.