If you can help with packaging for OS X, please get in touch with the small group of developers that has formed to work on this together via the inkscape-devel IRC Chat channel or the developers' mailing list.
Inkscape is a drawing software with vector graphics that can be considered as the free successor to the popular FreeHand and that you can download for Mac If you're looking for Inkscape for Mac, You have come to the right place.
This .dmg file (64bit) is for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and later and requires XQuartz.
Build Inkscape on your Mac with MacPorts MacPorts Inkscape is Free and Open Source Software licensed under the GPL. With thanks to: Hinerangi Courtenay Martin Owens Fastly OSUOSL Sponsors The. None - Mac OS X 10.7 Installer (xquartz) If you can help with packaging for OS X, please get in touch with the small group of developers that has formed to work on this together via the inkscape-devel IRC Chat channel or the developers' mailing list. This.dmg file (64bit) is for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion and later and requires XQuartz. Preparation and running Inkscape.
Preparation and running Inkscape
- Download and install XQuartz from xquartz.macosforge.org. Specific instructions on installing XQuartz and support are found at the XQuartz web site. Note: Inkscape runs on XQuartz. This step and the next are required.
- Restart the computer or log out and back in to complete the XQuartz installation.
- Add Inkscape to your Applications folder.
- Run Inkscape. A prompt will ask about the location of X11. Point to XQuartz in your Applications/Utilities directory. Note: This first launch of Inkscape can take a while because it will cache fonts installed on your system.
- Configure X11's input and pasteboard settings in X11 > Preferences:
Inkscape For Mac Download
Because Inkscape runs on X11's architecture, keyboard shortcuts use Ctrl (^) instead of Cmd (⌘) as modifier key. This will change in future versions.
Inkscape For Mac Free Download
More extensive information can be found on the Inkscape FAQ.