- Ffmpeg free download - ffmpegX, iFFmpeg, and many more programs. Ffmpeg free download - ffmpegX, iFFmpeg, and many more programs. Enter to Search. My Profile Logout.
- Ffmpeg static binaries for Mac OSX and Linux and Windows. Supports macOS (64-bit), Linux (32 and 64-bit, armhf, arm64) and Windows (32 and 64-bit). The ffmpeg version currently used is 4.3.1. Note: The version of ffmpeg-static follows SemVer.When releasing new versions, we do not consider breaking changes in ffmpeg itself, but only the JS interface (see below).
- Audacity Ffmpeg Library Download For Mac
- Audacity Ffmpeg Mac
- Download Ffmpeg Mac Terminal
- Ffmpeg Download For Mac
- Ffmpeg Download M3u8 Mac
The download version of ffmpeg for Mac is 2.6. This download is provided to you free of charge. Ffmpeg antivirus report. This download is virus-free. This file was last analysed by Free Download Manager Lib 1 day ago. Google Safe Browsing. Related software. FFMpeg Thumbnailer. Editors & Converters. Editors & Converters. The latest version of ffmpeg is 2.6 on Mac Informer. It is a perfect match for Streaming Media in the Audio & Video category. The app is developed by LGPL.
by Brian Fisher • Jun 14,2019 • Proven solutions
FFmpeg is a powerful command-line conversion tool for Windows and Linux. It can be used for totally free for any purpose. Since the command is not so user-friendly for regular users. There are graphic user interface (GUI) implements for FFmpeg, like WinFF and AVANTI for Windows. However, I have not found an exact GUI for FFmpeg on Mac. This article will show you 3 ways to convert any videos on Mac OS X.
FFmpeg for Mac Alternative
#1. UniConverter for Mac
This is the highly recommended FFmpeg for Mac alternative as I am concerned. UniConverter not only provides you with a user-friendly interface, but also comes with more features than FFmpeg, including optimized presets for all popular devices, DVD burning, DVD backup, and so on. You can even download video from YouTube. Like FFmpeg, it's the all-in-one tool you need to convert audio and video for macOS. Try FFmpeg for Mac alternative for free.
Get the Best Alternative to FFmpeg for Mac - UniConverter
Audacity Ffmpeg Library Download For Mac
- Access to wide range of Presets: Optimized presets for all mobile devices, gaming accessories, TV and online video sharing websites.
- High Performance with zero quality loss: 90X faster conversion speed without any quality loss issues of the video codecs.
- Merge Various Video Files: Drag & drop or load multiple videos and merge them in a single video file easily.
- Extract Audio: Easily extract audio files from a video and export them to WAV, WMA, M4A, AC3, MP3 & AAC with 3 simple clicks.
- Time-Saving Product: With its GPU Acceleration technology it completes conversion process of any video or audio size in a short time.
- Compatible with macOS 10.15 Catalina, 10.14 Mojave, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion.
How to Convert Videos with FFmpeg for Mac Alternative
First of all, you can watch the following video tutorial to get a rough idea of how UniConverter converts videos and then follow the steps to convert video by yourself.
Step 1. Load your video files
After you install and launch iSkysoft program on your Mac computer, please drag and drop the videos to it. Or go to the main menu and then choose 'Add Files' to add your video files.
Step 2. Set output format
This program allows you to convert videos to various standard and HD video formats, such as MOV, MP4, M4V, FLV, AVI, VOB, 3GP, MKV, WMV, etc. Just select the right one according to your needs. By the way, you can convert media files to audio as well. If necessary, you are able to custmize the encode settings by going to 'File' menu then press 'Encode Settings'.
Step 3. Ready to convert
After making all setting, please click the 'Convert' button to start the conversion. This process will be completed within several seconds.
#2. FFmpegX for Mac
Although the name is FFmpegX, it's not only FFmpeg included, but mpeg2enc (mpeg-2 encoder and multiplexer), mencoder (mpeg-4 encoder) and up to 20 powerful video and audio processing tools. You can access them all in a single application for free.
#3. Use FFmpeg command line tool on Mac
If you are familiar with FFmpeg command line tools, a graphic user interface may be helpless for you. Command line is usually more efficient the GUI. So is there a method to run FFmpeg on Mac? Sure. You can compile FFmpeg with the open source files yourself, using your own compiling options. However, it's too difficult for regular people. Here, I'll show you how to use ffmpeg command line tool on Mac. Since FFmpegX works on Mac and it includes FFmpeg, we can just extract FFmpeg from FFmpegX package. Below is how.
1. Download FFmpegX DMG package online to your Mac.
2. Control-Click the FFmpegX package, and choose 'Show Package Contents.'
3. In the window that appears, open 'Resources.'
4. Copy the 'ffmpeg' executable to /usr/local/bin.
4. Copy the 'ffmpeg' executable to /usr/local/bin.
5. Open the terminal and run ffmpeg to see whether it works.
Tips: If exits any problem, execute these commands and try again:
sudo chown root:wheel /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
youtube-dl is an Open Source command line tool that lets you download video from YouTube (and many other videos sites). It’s often considered better than those paid video downloaders. In our previous article, we saw how to use youtube-dl to download videos on Android terminal. Even Windows has a YouTube GUI client, there are no such resources available for macOS. So, in this article, we’ll give you a walkthrough on how to install youtube dl on mac. Let’s begin.
Read: 5 best ways to Password Protect folders on mac
1. To install, youtube-dl, you need to install Wget first. And in order to install Wget, you need to install homebrew first. So, copy paste the following command on your Mac’s terminal (press cmd + space and type in terminal). Once you run the following command, you Mac will download Homebrew master file from Github. You may have to enter your Mac’s password several times. The whole process will take 10-15 minutes depending on your Internet speed.
2. Once you have downloaded Homebrew, you are ready to install Wget. Type in the following command and also enable OpenSSL for TLS support.
3. Now that we have Wget to download packages from the internet, we will use it to download and install Youtube-dl package. Type in the following command and press enter.
4. You have now successfully installed youtube-dl on your Mac, however, it won’t work yet. To check you can type youtube-dl on your terminal and it’ll throw a permission error. To fix this, you need to give the right permissions, type in the following command and press enter.
Audacity Ffmpeg Mac
5. And that’s it, now you should be able to download YouTube videos (or any videos from youtube-dl supported sites) by simply typing youtube-dl [video-link]. For example, to download one of my videos from YouTube, I’ll type in the following command.
Download Ffmpeg Mac Terminal
6. You can find the downloaded video in your home folder on your mac. To bring up the home folder simply go to Finder > Go > Home or press the keyboard shortcut CMD + Shift + H.
Must Read: 10 Free macOS apps to boost your Productivity
Download 1080p video using FFmpeg
By default, FFmpeg will download the second highest resolution. You may have to install FFmpeg to get the highest quality video. Without FFmpeg, you will likely get the second highest which in our case was 720p. To install FFmpeg, type in the following command.
brew install youtube-dl ffmpeg
Also Read: 5 ways to transfer files from mac to mac
Ffmpeg Download For Mac
Ffmpeg Download M3u8 Mac
So, this is how you use youtube-dl to download videos using your terminal. The app works exactly as advertised, yet not many people know about it. Anyway, if you wish to change your download location or download different resolution of the video, you can check out youtube-dl command line parameters on Github.