The following instructions step through the process of configuring your Office 365 Exchange Online account with Outlook 2016 for macOS. Office 365 - Outlook for Mac Exchange Configuration Office of Information Technology. Mac OS X is the desktop operating system from Apple Inc., found on Macintosh computers. OS X consists of a Mach/BSD-based kernel, operating system interfaces primarily based on FreeBSD and additional frameworks (written in C, C and Objective-C providing user interface.
Thunderbird Exchange Mac Os X
Use the instructions below to configure UMass Amherst Exchange email and calendaring in Apple Mail and Calendar. We support the latest versions of Apple Mail and Calendar for Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).
Note: In previous versions of OS X, some items have different names (e.g., in OS X 10.8, Internet Accounts was called Mail, Contacts & Calendars).
Exchange For Mac Os X 10.8
Mac Os X 10.13
- In the Apple Menu, go to System Preferences... The System Preferences window opens.
- In the System Preferences window, click Internet Accounts. The Internet Accounts window opens.
- In the Internet Accounts window, you should see a list of account types on the right side of the window, including Exchange. If you do not see the list of account types, click the + button in the lower-left corner to make the list appear. Once the list of account types is visible, click Exchange. An Account Information window opens.
- In the Account Information window:
- In the Full name field, enter your name as you'd like it to appear in the Sender field of your outgoing mail.
- In the Email address field, enter [email protected] (e.g., [email protected]). Check with the IT professional in your department if you are having problems configuring.
- In the Password field, enter your UMass Amherst IT Active Directory/Exchange password, then click Continue. Note: This may be the same as your IT Account Password. The Account Summary window opens.
- In the Account Summary window, verify your settings and click Continue.
- Next, select the apps you wish to use to access UMass Amherst IT's Exchange environment (e.g., Mail, Contacts, Calendar) and click Done. The Internet Accounts window opens.
- Close the Internet Accounts window. You can now access your Exchange account using the apps that you selected in the previous step.