Table Of Contents
Chapter 1. Dynamic Versus Static IP Addresses
Printing with Mac OS X Printer Utility Dialog box Accessing the EPSON Printer Utility Using the Printer Utilities Checking the print head nozzles Cleaning the print head Aligning the print head. Accessing the EPSON Printer Utility. To access the EPSON Printer Utility, follow these steps. Double-click Macintosh HD (by default setting). Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility. This utility is used to enable Epson Connect so you can print emails, documents, or photos from any device that can send an email. Important: This utility is required for Epson Email Print, Remote Print or Scan To Cloud. No other software is required for Epson. Installing the Remote Print Driver and registering a printer - Mac OS X. Select Applications Epson Software, and then double-click Epson Remote Print Utility. Enter the printer's email address. Note: If you want to register an additional printer.
Ensure you tap the printer tab and not the QR code tab. The TM Utility app will search for your printer. It could take a few minutes. If it finds multiple printers (for example you have more than 1 Epson printer plugged into your router), select it based on its MAC address on your power on test print out. Epson Printer Manuals Manuals and User Guides for Epson Printer. We have 12 Epson Printer manuals available for free PDF download: User Manual, Network.
When your printer powers up and connects to your router, your router will assign it an IP address. This is called a dynamic IP address. This IP address is not permanent (that is “static”) and can change if you power down your router or printer(s). To prevent printing errors in TouchBistro because an IP address has changed, you should set your printer(s) to have a static IP address. That is, every time the printer is powered up, it will always have the same IP address (10.0.1.201, 10.0.1.202, etc.).
This guide will show you how to set a static IP address, set up your TM-m30 in TouchBistro, and set the printer’s speed/print quality.
Chapter 2. Install the Epson Setup Utility on an iPad
1. On an iPad with access to the Internet, launch the App Store.
2. Tap Search and search for “epson”. Download the Epson TM Utility app. You do not need the Epson TM Print Assistant app.
Chapter 3. Connect the Printer to your Router
1. Ensure the printer’s power cord is plugged into a wall socket. Also ensure your printer is powered off.
2. Make sure your printer is loaded with paper.
3. Ensure the power cable is plugged into the power port at the back of your printer.
4. Plug your Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on your printer.
5. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into an available LAN port. On a Ubiquiti router (shown in the picture), the LAN ports are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4. If you are using an Airport Extreme the LAN ports are marked with a symbol. Do not plug your printer into the blue WAN port on the Ubiquiti or the WAN port on the Airport router. These ports should be plugged into your modem.
6. Turn on your printer.
Chapter 4. Using the Epson TM Utility
1. Ensure your iPad’s Wi-Fi is connected to your TouchBistro network. As well, ensure your printer is plugged into the router set up for your TouchBistro network.
2. Locate and launch the Epson TM Utility.
3. Tap the top blue bar. It should say Printer is not selected. Tap it even if it says something else.
4. Ensure you tap the printer tab and not the QR code tab. The TM Utility app will search for your printer. It could take a few minutes.
5. If it finds multiple printers (for example you have more than 1 Epson printer plugged into your router), select it based on its MAC address on your power on test print out. See the section “Determining IP, MAC address, and Firmware” for more information how to generate this test print. Tap Epson TM Utility to return to the previous screen.
6. Double-check the right printer has been selected and then tap Change Printer Settings.
7. Tap Network.
8. Tap Launch Browser.
9. If your browser warns you the connection is not private, tap Show Details.
10. Tap visit this website.
11. Safari will launch and you will be prompted to enter the admin account name and password. By default both the account name and password are epson (lower case). Tap Log In.
12. Tap TCP/IP.
13. Set to Acquiring IP Address to Manual. In the IP Address field enter your static IP. If this is the first printer you’re adding, enter 10.0.1.201. Increase the last three numbers by one if you’re repeating these steps for another printer. For example, if you add a second printer (like a kitchen printer), enter 10.0.1.202. Tap Send when done.
14. Tap Reset. Your browser will tell you to please wait. Watch the blue status light on your printer. It will blink indicating it’s resetting the IP address. When the blue status light stops blinking, your IP has been set. You can close your browser (the page will always say Please wait even after the printer is reset).
Chapter 5. Setting Print Quality
1. Double-check the right printer has been selected and then tap Change Printer Settings.
2. Tap Printing Control.
3. Tap Print Speed.
4. Select your desired print speed. Normally you might have it on the fastest setting (10). However, if you print a logo on your guest check, a slower speed increases the quality of the logo image printed.
5. After selection, you’re returned to the Printing Control screen. At the bottom is a Set to printer button. Tap that to set the static IP address and the printer speed.It will take a few minutes for the TM Utility app to update your printer. Do not turn anything off (the iPad, the printer, or the router).
6. Tap OK when prompted.
7. You can exit the app. Your printer’s IP address will have been changed to a static address.
Epson Connect Printer Setup Mac
Chapter 6. Setting Up Your Epson Printer in TouchBistro
After you’ve set the IP addresses, you can now configure TouchBistro to work with your printer.
1. Launch TouchBistro.
2. Login as an administrator.
3. Launch TouchBistro, select your restaurant, and login with your admin code.
4. Tap Admin Admin Settings in the top right hand corner.
5. Tap Printers & KDS.
6. Tap one of the default printers under Printers or tap Add + icon in the top right to add a new printer. In this example, we’ll add a new printer.
7. Tap Add Printer.
8. Wait a few moments for your printer (or printers) to appear in the New Printer screen. You should see the static IP address you set in the steps above. If you don’t see the static IP address you set, redo the steps above. Tap your printer in the Available Printers list.
9. After selecting your printer, tap Next.
10. Tap Printer Name.
11. Either type a name for your new printer in the Name field, or make a selection from the list, for example Receipt.
12. Tap Print Test Page.
13. Tap Save.
Chapter 7. Determining IP, MAC address, and Firmware
1. Hold down the printer’s feed button and then power it on. Keep the feed button depressed until it starts to print. Release the feed button.
Epson Printer Diagnostic Utility
2. The first print out has the printer’s current IP address, MAC address, and firmware type.
3. Press the PaperFeed button. The character test printout is not used.
Epson Printer Utility 4 For Mac
4. If the firmware type is anything other than ESC/POS, you have a printer with a proprietary firmware that is incompatible with TouchBistro. Contact [email protected] for instructions on how to reset the firmware.
Note: if you’ve not set a static IP the IP Address field will be blank.
If you have not set a static IP address, shortly after power up, your printer will print the currently assigned IP Address.
Chapter 8. Top Load vs Front Load
If you need to tuck your printer under a counter and there’s not enough verticle space to allow convenient loading of the paper from the top (or accessing the printed receipt from the top), you can rotate and flip your printer so it can be used as a front-load printer, with the receipt coming out of the front for easier under-the-counter access. Follow the illustrations below how to rotate and flip your printer for front-load functionality.
Chapter 9. Troubleshooting
When a printer isn’t responding, see Printer Status Messages to find out why your printer isn’t functioning properly.
Epson Connect Printer Setup for Mac
Follow the steps below to enable Epson Connect for your Epson printer on a Mac.
Important: Your product needs to be set up with a network connection before it can be set up with Epson Connect. If you need to set up the connection, see the Start Here sheet for your product for instructions. To see the sheet, go to the Epson support main page, select your product, Manuals and Warranty, then Start Here.
- Download and run the Epson Connect Printer Setup Utility.
- Click Continue.
- Agree to the Software License Agreement by clicking Continue, and then Agree.
- Click Install, and then click Close.
- Select your product, and then click Next.
Note: If the window doesn't automatically appear, open a Finder window and select Application > Epson Software, and then double-click Epson Connect Printer Setup.
- Select Printer Registration, and then click Next.
- When you see the Register a printer to Epson Connect message, click OK.
- Scroll down, click the I accept the Terms and Conditions check box, and then click Next.
- Do one of the following:
- If you're creating a new account, fill out the Create An Epson Connect Account form, then click Finish.
- If you're registering a new product with an existing account, click I already have an account, fill out the Add a new printer form, and then click Add.
- Click Close.
- See our Activate Scan To Cloud and Remote Print instructions to activate the Scan to Cloud and Remote Print services.