In this document, I will guide you how to install Mac OS 10.11 on VMWare.
- Each type of guest operating system, including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, has an ISO image file. When you select the command to install or upgrade VMware Tools, the virtual machine’s first virtual CD-ROM disk drive temporarily connects to the VMware Tools ISO file for your guest operating system.
- Download VMware Fusion 12 and let your Mac run Windows, Linux or Mac OS X Server. Run the most demanding Mac and Windows applications side-by-side at maximum speeds without rebooting.
About This File
VMware Unlocker for macOS or macOS Catalina Unlocker VMware 15 ( Unlocker for VMware ) is a handy tool that replaces a couple of files such as VMware-vmx, vmwarebase.dll, vmwarebase.so and patches macOS settings and installation features like options, booting and installation settings into VMware and even download a copy of the latest version. Login with your login password. When you choose VM Install VMware Tools from the VMware Workstation menu, VMware Workstation temporarily connects the virtual machine’s first virtual CD-ROM drive to the ISO image file that contains the VMware Tools installer for your guest operating system and you are ready to begin the installation process.
This is the current version of VMware Tools for OS X / macOS from the VMware CDS repository for Fusion 11.5.0
VMware are no longer including the ISO images as separate 'packages' in the CDS respository as of Fusion 11.5.0, instead the ISO images are included as part of the 'core' download which is 522 MB.
It is not possible to download the com.vmware.fusion.zip.tar due to upload limits.
However, I have extracted the darwin.iso and darwinPre15.iso from the 'core' and uploaded to this thread.
If you prefer to download the 'core' tar file and extract the ISO's they are located in the following directory in the tar file:
Please note: In the latest VMwareGfx.kext from Fusion 8.5.5 onwards VMware have discontinued the 2D-Acceleration code, and graphics performance is better now, thanks to Zenith432 for the update.
To check for the latest version visit http://softwareupdate.vmware.com/cds/vmw-desktop/fusion/.
The various VMware Tools downloads are located under the packages folder for each version upto and including 11.1.0.
Instructions for extracting darwin.iso and darwinPre15.iso
- Download the files above
- Extract com.vmware.fusion.tools.darwin.zip.tar
- darwin.iso is located in the 'payload' folder
Vmware Tools Download For Mac Os
- Extract com.vmware.fusion.tools.darwinPre15.zip.tar
- darwinPre15.iso is located in the 'payload' folder
Installing VMware Tools is part of the process of creating a new virtual machine, and upgrading VMware Tools is part of the process of keeping your virtual machine up to current standards. Although your guest operating systems can run without VMware Tools, many VMware features are not available until you install VMware Tools. When you install VMware Tools, the utilities in the suite enhance the performance of the guest operating system in your virtual machine and improve the management of your virtual machines.
For information about creating virtual machines, see the documentation for the applicable VMware product.
The installers for VMware Tools are ISO image files. The CD-ROM in your guest operating system detects the ISO image file. Each type of guest operating system, including Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X, has an ISO image file. When you select the command to install or upgrade VMware Tools, the virtual machine’s first virtual CD-ROM disk drive temporarily connects to the VMware Tools ISO file for your guest operating system.
You can use the Windows Easy Install or Linux Easy Install feature to install VMware Tools as soon as the operating system is finished installing.
The most recent versions of the ISO files are stored on a VMware Web site. When you select the command to install or upgrade VMware Tools, the VMware product determines whether it has downloaded the most recent version of the ISO file for the specific operating system. If the latest version has not been downloaded or if no VMware Tools ISO file for that operating system has ever been downloaded, you are prompted to download the file.
- VMware Tools installer from windows.iso automatically detects the windows version. It does not proceed with the installation on guest operating systems earlier than Windows Vista.
- VMware Tools installer from winPreVista.iso does not proceed with the installation on Windows Vista and later.
- VMware Tools installer from linux.iso does not proceed with installation on Linux guest operating system versions earlier than RHEL5, SLES 11, Ubuntu 10.04, and other Linux distributions with glibc version earlier than 2.5.
- VMware Tools installer from darwinPre15.iso does not proceed with installation on MAC OS X guest operating systems versions 10.11 or later.
- VMware Tools installer from darwin.iso does not proceed with installation on MAC OS X guest operating systems versions earlier than 10.11.
Download Vmware Tools For Macos Catalina
The installation procedure varies, depending on the operating system. For information about installing or upgrading VMware Tools on your guest operating systems, see the topic about upgrading virtual machines in the Virtual Machine Administration Guide. For general instructions about installing VMware Tools, see the VMware Knowledge base article http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1014294.