I’d like to take this opportunity to say I’ve been extremely happy with Carbon Copy Cloner and Bombich Software over the four years I’ve been a customer. CCC is a truly outstanding piece of crafted software with top-notch support (I love the integrated help and support features) offered by a reliable and professionally-run company. AweClone for Mac can help you securely and efficiently copy data, clone disk under Mac OS. It is 100% safe disk cloning & data copy software for Mac. Three clicks to copy your data or clone disk on Mac: select the resource – select the destination – copy/clone. The software is. Carbon Copy Cloner is a bootable backup solution for the Mac. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you're under deadline to finish a project - your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an. Easy-to-Use Disk Clone Software for Mac OS. DoYourClone for Mac offers reliable and easy disk cloning solution for Mac users. It is the best tool to clone hard drive or backup hard drive data under Mac OS. If you want to make a full copy of your hard drive or backup your hard drive data on Mac, DoYourClone for Mac is a good choice. How to clone hard drive on Windows/Mac OS? DMclone is one of the best disk cloning software. It can help you securely and easily copy hard drive from one location to another. Just follow the steps below to clone hard drive with DMclone. Just download DMclone on your computer, then open it. Make sure the source drive and destination.
- Perfect 1:1 DVD Copy
- This best DVD copying software removes various DVD copy protections such as CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs, ARccOS, etc.
- Copy DVD-5 to DVD-5 in 1:1 ratio.
- Copy DVD-9 to DVD-9 in 1:1 ratio.
- Backup DVD to a DVD movie folder for playback on the player software or TV and a DVD player is not needed anymore.
- Backup DVD to an ISO image file on the hard disk for later burning.
- Movie Complete Copy
- Compress one DVD-9 movie to a blank DVD-5 disc, keeping menus and special features.
- Manually adjust the compression rate to define the picture quality of your DVD copies.
- Movie-Only Copy
- Copy the main movie of a DVD-9/DVD-5 to a DVD-5 disc, omitting menus and special features.
- Intelligently recognize the main movie from the source DVD to avoid copying a fake main movie.
- Split DVD Copy
- Split one DVD-9 movie to two blank DVD-5 discs with original picture quality.
- Optionally keep menus when splitting a DVD-9 movie to two DVD-5s.
- Movie Customized Copy
- Episodic DVD copier software - Copy only a certain range of titles, specially designed for Episodic TV series DVDs and music video DVDs.
- Create multiple DVD copies without having to repeat the entire process again.
- Rip DVD to MKV
- Rip high-capacity DVD movies to MKV format for easy storage, with high bitrate, high quality, and lower size.
- Optionally compress a DVD movie in the ripping process by setting H.264 or H.265 as the encoder.
- Burn a DVD movie from the hard disk to a DVD±R (DL)
- Burn DVD movie folders or ISO image files on the hard disk to DVD±R (DL) with diverse copy modes.
- Combine 2 DVDs to one DVD±R DL
- Combine 2 DVD movie discs onto one DVD±R DL.
- Supports reading source DVD movie folders or ISO image files from the hard disk.
- Select the menu template, background picture and set the movie titles.
- Copy Blu-ray/4K UHD Blu-ray movies
- Remove various Blu-ray protections such as AACS, BD+, Cinavia, etc.
- Copy a Blu-ray movie to a blank BD-25 with movie-only copy mode.
- Copy a Blu-ray movie to the hard disk as a Blu-ray movie folder or ISO image file.
- Copy the main movie of UHD Blu-ray encrypted with AACS 2.0 to a blank BD-50 using a 4K UHD friendly drive. 4K, HDR features are supported.
- Rip Blu-ray/4K UHD Blu-ray to MKV
- Besides Blu-ray disc copy, DVD-Cloner for Mac 2019 gives you another choice to rip the main movie of a high-capacity Blu-ray disc to MKV format saved on the hard disk.
- Optionally compress a Blu-ray movie in the ripping process by setting H.264 or H.265 as the encoder.
- With efficient H.265 codec technology, DVD-Cloner for Mac can rip UHD Blu-ray movies to MKV, keeping the same 4K/HDR image quality as the original UHD Blu-ray.
- Select to keep only one audio track and subtitle in the MKV ripping function, removing other unnecessary ones.
- Other Features:
- Optimized the DVD burning engine. The copied DVD discs are compatible with more playback devices including PS4, Xbox, Blu-ray player, etc.
- Make flawless copies of scratched DVDs, so you can bring your damaged movies back to life.
- Select to add the .dvdmedia suffix to the DVD folder on the hard disk before copying for convenient playback on the DVD player.
- Optimized the DVD copy function, improved the video quality.
- Send us quick feedback in real time via the shortcut window within the software.
- Use the full version of DVD-Cloner for Mac 7 days for free before purchasing.
Sep 28, 2020 • Filed to: Solve Mac Problems • Proven solutions
Apple claims that its Mac OS is fully equipped to assist its users for day-to-day PC activities, and they seem to have proven the same over the years. Since Mac users save a lot of important data on it, it is necessary to keep all such information secure. Mac Disk Utility does exactly that with the help of its 'Restore' option. This function teaches you how to Clone a Mac's Drive with Disk Utility.
In this article, learn how to copy all the data and clone a Mac's Drive (internal/external) easily. Read and know more about Mac Disk Utility, its 'Restore' function, how to clone a Mac's Drive with Disk Utility, and a simple way torecover your Mac's Drive.
Part 1: Why You Need to Clone a Mac's Drive?
'What is the need to clone a Mac's Drive?' This thought must have crossed your mind atlas once while using Mac. To be precise, cloning of hard drives protects your important data which is under possible risk of physical destruction, loss, etc.
No matter how new or of what quality your hard drive is, you cannot say for sure that it will last forever and never crash or suffer from a system failure. Old hard drive or one suffering from mechanical, firmware, or electrical error can permanently destroy your data, such as photos, documents, videos, music, and other files. Also, if important personal documents and business files are misplaced in the process, retrieving them is next to impossible.
Therefore, to prevent these and many more situations that may arise due to data loss, we recommend that you always know how to Clone a Mac's Drive using Disk Utility. Mac Disk Utility and its 'Restore' functions can keep your data, important information, and files secure by literally copying it from your Mac Drive.
Difference Between Time Machine Backup and Cloning Hard Drive
If you're wondering whether to use Time Machine or Mac Disk Utility to clone a Mac's Drive, let us clear the confusion for you. Time Machine is a built-in application to back up and make an up-to-date copy of the data you save on the Mac. Its unique feature is that it makes real-time backups to recover files easily whenever needed. When set-up for the first time, Time Machine performs a full backup of the Mac and its contents. Time Machine keeps, hourly, daily and monthly backups all categorized separately.
If Time Machine can do so much, then why consider using Mac Disk Utility?
To start the discussion, Mac Disk Utility is free and also comes built-in with every Mac OS version. It has various new features that make it more suitable than the Time Machine. Say, for example, its 'Restore' option does something what is called block copy and make the entire cloning process swifter. It is also capable of making an almost cut to cut an exact copy of the contents of the Drive. No important files, documents, or data are left behind using Mac Disk Utility. It works in blocks and does not involve file to file transfer.
Some changes have been introduced in the Mac Disk Utility toolkit which makes more accurate cloning and copying data from the Drive.
Part 2: How to Clone Mac's Drive using Disk Utility?
Curious to know how to clone a Mac's Drive with Disk Utility? Follow these simple steps and you're good to go:
- Open Mac Disk Utility on your Mac from Utilities or Applications.
- Click 'Erase' from the top of the Disk Utility interface.
- Now chose a media on the left panel to make it your backup drive.
- At the drop-down list which has 'Format' options, choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled). Then hit 'Erase' again and wait for the drive to remount on Mac.
- Then at the Mac Disk Utility interface, click 'Restore'.
- Now comes the tricky bit. Select the target drive, drag it and drop it at the 'Source' field.
- Now drag and drop the destination Disk/Drive and leave it at the 'Destination' field.
- Hit 'Restore' once and for all. The contents of the drive will be copied and saved on the destination drive.
Part 3: How to Recover Mac's Drive Data?
What does one do if some data is lost during cloning the mac's Drive? Don't worry. The loss isn't permanent and the destroyed data can be recovered with the help ofRecoverit for Mac. It is a recovery tool for MacBook, iMac, Hard Drives, Flash Drives, Memory Cards, phones, cameras, and camcorders. It can instantly retrieve the lost contents from the Mac Drive and provide reliable data recovery solutions. It can recover documents, images, videos, audio files, emails and archives files.
Clone Mac Hard Drive Free
Copy Clone Machine
The steps given below will help you use Recoverit for Mac to recover Mac's Drive:
- Download, install and launch Recoverit hard drive recovery software. Now choose the target drive where the data gets lost, and click 'Start' to recover lost data.
- And then the data recovery tool will set in motion an all-around scan to search the lost files.
Carbon Clone Copy For Mac
- Finally, you can preview the whole scanned results, select the ones which need to be restored, click 'Recover' as shown below, and save the recovered data in another drive/disk to keep it secure for future.
The bottom line, we have attempted to answer a commonly asked question on online forums, i.e., how to clone a Mac's Drive with Disk Utility. We hope you will find this red useful and now be able to clone your Mac's drive and keeps its contents safe.
Also, the Recoverit drive data recovery toolkit is a safe, effective, and trustworthy medium to retrieve your lost documents and file. So go ahead and follow the instructions in this guide to clone Mac's drive orrecover hard drive datadeleted accidentally during its process.
What's Wrong with Mac
- Recover Your Mac
- Fix Your Mac
- Delete Your Mac
- Learn Mac Hacks