WinUAE 4.4.0 (01.07.2020) released.
In yet another set of legal documents in the Amiga-Hyperion court case, it is revealed that AmigaOS 4 was ported to run on the Mac Mini (the PowerPC version, obviously), or, at least, that the port was in a very advanced state. The information was found in an email exchange between Bill McEwen of Amiga and Nicola Morocutti of VirtualWorks, about the latter obtaining a license to sell AmigaOS 4. What You Should Know about Amiga Computers. The Amiga is a line of personal computers that were produced by Commodore between 1985 and 1996. Apart from the main CPU, the computer had several coprocessors to handle audio, graphics, and memory access separately. For the Amiga platform, you can choose 'Allo 'Allo! Cartoon Fun!, 'Nam 1965-1975.A Personal Nightmare, 007: Licence to Kill, 1000 Miglia amongst the results. The preconfigured Amiga ROM, OS and application software files distributed with Amiga Forever (Plus Edition) can directly be used with different Mac OS ports of the UAE Amiga emulation software. Ready-to-run and preconfigured universal binaries of E-UAE and Hi-Toro are included in the Private/Mac directory on the Amiga Forever CD.
- 68000 address and bus error (bus errors are not used in Amiga) stack frames are now 100% accurate, including all undefined behavior like partially updated flags or registers. Last missing part that wasn’t fully accurate previously.
- 68010 emulation is now cycle-accurate. Including loop mode.
- 68030 MMU emulation simplified and optimized.
- CPU tester detected rare CPU/FPU bugs fixed.
- Multiple CPU tester detected undocumented CPU and FPU (all models) behavior emulated, mainly edge cases that almost never happen normally. More information in detailed changelogs.
- Debugger assembler and disassembler updates and fixes.
- 1x-8x CPU multipliers are now also supported in prefetch (more compatible) CPU mode.
- Implemented Paula serial port emulation receive break condition detection support.
- “diskchange rdh0:” can be now used to eject drag&drop mounted directory/file/archive harddrive.
- On screen led floppy leds have brighter border if inserted disk is write protected.
- If 2 light pens/guns enabled and if gun 2 moves, enable only gun 2 crosshair. Previously gun 1 move enabled both crosshairs.
- “Default” filter mode now enables aspect ratio correction and scales to window/screen size only when display size is too large or too small.
- Ignore ncap/winpcap dll version because recent ncap versions have smaller version number than old winpcap versions.
- GUI Reset button now copies current full GUI config to active config, including options that normally can’t be changed on the fly.
- FPU default is back to 64-bit. Very few programs require 80-bit accuracy, it wasn’t worth the speed loss.
- Black borders are not anymore enabled in autoscale center mode.
- Few custom chipset and CIA emulation updates.
- Added easy to use and transparent printf()-like debug logging method for developers.
- If disk read DMA was started without any selected drive(s), it was always emulated in turbo mode.
- Screen capture to clipboard created blank image if 256 color or less RTG mode and capture before filtering was set.
- When ejecting directory filesystem that points to plain file or archive, not all host file handles were closed properly.
- Switching GUI panels left stale entry in internal array, possibly causing random crash after switching panels many times.
- Config file (*.uae) icon is now correct again.
4.3.0 bugs fixed:
- Some RTG to RTG mode resolution switches didn’t resize windowed mode correctly.
- CD32 pad red button didn’t always work as a normal fire button, depending on how it was configured.
- CD32 ROM delay loop patch was skipped. Broke CD32 CD if CPU speed was too fast.
New emulated hardware:
- Hardital Dotto (clone of ICD AdIDE)
Available Platforms: Amiga, Genesis
Starflight is one the first sandbox space exploration role-playing and simulation game, it was developed by Binary Systems and published by Electronic Arts originally for MS-DOS in...
82/100 based on 5 Editorial reviews. Add your vote
|OS supported||Win7 64 bit, Win8 64bit, Windows 10, MacOS 10.6+|
|Updated||17 February 2020|
Starflight is one the first sandbox space exploration role-playing and simulation game, it was developed by Binary Systems and published by Electronic Arts originally for MS-DOS in 1986. It was ported to the Amiga and Commodore 64 in 1989, while the Atari ST and Macintosh versions were released in 1990. An improved version for the Sega Genesis was created in 1991. The game received very good reviews by both contemporary and modern critics.
The goals of the game include exploration, collection of lifeforms and minerals, and finding habitable colony worlds. The game is completely non-linear and the player will have to begin assembling a crew and preparing the spaceship before he can leave the spacedock and start the adventure.
GamesNostalgia has packed for you the Amiga version of the game, which includes better graphics and some minor improvements compared to the DOS version.
Cloanto Amiga Forever For Mac
Review by: Manu
Published: 1 November 2015 10:04 am